What is your experience with Elite clones?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

Guys - pheno hunting seeds is not as easy as the above posts are making it seem.

You need a lot of space and time and equipment. You also need to be anal-retentive in your organization, cleaning, and labeling.

You cannot be guaranteed a keeper out of even 100 seeds. If a particular cross has a genotype variation of 64 possible phenotypes (I believe that’s the true #), you would have to pop at least one factor of 64 (128 seeds) to hopefully get a female example of as many phenotypes as possible. Some are dominant, it’s the rare ones that we are putting in the effort for. One pheno hunt took 2 of my rooms five months to complete (seeds - clones - flower cycle - cull males - harvest - clone the favorite mother - 24 plant SOG)
How much better is a discovered pheno keeper is versus the general population? More frost, thc, etc. Also, are most comercial weed grown from these holy grail genetics? Can a tiny grower grow weed like this without obtaining a pheno? Seems like if I only crack seeds the result is less than stellar if I compare it to some pheno that is 1/1000.

The ultimate I guess would have enough room to house like 6 mothers of choice pheno hunted strains and live with those or trade for other premo genes.

I just don't know how much better one of these pheno are. Thx

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well guys I said fuck it and bought a cut on Black Friday. It is a tissue culture grape gas “CLTVTD cut”. I paid a Hundo for it when they were asking 250$. I figured I would pay that much for a nice pack of seeds so I decided to go for it and see how it goes. If I give it everything it needs it will be pushing 30% as you can see from the lab results below. I’ll report back to give my honest opinion on how the terps, growth characteristics, and THC content turn out and if it really is the bees knees.
DB7541A8 5489 4EE2 8586 024A0E730076
E83528B3 C470 411E 99CE 903E6CDD5BE5
82EB3A5B 91D5 47CF 852F 6783309CB396

growsince79

growsince79

Well guys I said fuck it and bought a cut on Black Friday. It is a tissue culture grape gas “CLTVTD cut”. I paid a Hundo for it when they were asking 250$. I figured I would pay that much for a nice pack of seeds so I decided to go for it and see how it goes. If I give it everything it needs it will be pushing 30% as you can see from the lab results below. I’ll report back to give my honest opinion on how the terps, growth characteristics, and THC content turn out and if it really is the bees knees. View attachment 1192065View attachment 1192066View attachment 1192067
Now just make 2 more cuts and sell them for $50 each and you got it free.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well guys I said fuck it and bought a cut on Black Friday. It is a tissue culture grape gas “CLTVTD cut”. I paid a Hundo for it when they were asking 250$. I figured I would pay that much for a nice pack of seeds so I decided to go for it and see how it goes. If I give it everything it needs it will be pushing 30% as you can see from the lab results below. I’ll report back to give my honest opinion on how the terps, growth characteristics, and THC content turn out and if it really is the bees knees. View attachment 1192065View attachment 1192066View attachment 1192067
Nice. I'd spend my money on something like this. Not $250.. but to me it's like getting a pack of seeds and the phenohunting has been done for you. And you know the genetic you get should be accurately described and resemble its sales photo.

growsince79

growsince79

Nice. I'd spend my money on something like this. Not $250.. but to me it's like getting a pack of seeds and the phenohunting has been done for you. And you know the genetic you get should be accurately described and resemble its sales photo.
The only way I might: it would have to be better than anything I have in my gene pool, and I would have to see it flowering and smoke it.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Ya man that’s why I went for it I see the value in that. When I made this post it seems the community is split on this topic. If someone can phenohunt a large population to find that amazing pheno I’ll pay for that work. 100$ seemed alright for a cut like that. I’ll be documenting the grow for sure so stay tuned guys.

growsince79

growsince79

Ya man that’s why I went for it I see the value in that. When I made this post it seems the community is split on this topic. If someone can phenohunt a large population to find that amazing pheno I’ll pay for that work. 100$ seemed alright for a cut like that. I’ll be documenting the grow for sure so stay tuned guys.
It will be interesting to see how it compares to your seeds.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'd at least want a sample of the finished product for sure.
Ya that was my issue but since I was able to scoop it for a 100$ instead of the full asking price I decided to take a chance and see if it lives up to the hype. I researched the genetics (compound genetics collab with cannarado), the nursery that hunted it and everything from the price of the seeds and of course her characteristics. Gonna chuck some pollen at her too after I phenohunt this 5 pack of slurricane #7.

P

Pike

Some of the dessert clones that go around are a pretty nice toke. Some not any better then you can find in a seed pack.

as far as cost, yeah some are crazy expensive, some not so much. Chemdog D for 350.00, you can’t go wrong. even if ya put out 1k for a cut, ran a 4 x 8 tray of um, one time you get your money back. Also now have a decent cut that you can trade with to build your cut base.

if ya run with a good crew of growers, there’s access to cuts, traded, and free. Spend your time posting up your work, be a decent dude, and in time growers will hook up with ya. It’s not all that hard.

wish ya all the best in your hunt.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Some of the dessert clones that go around are a pretty nice toke. Some not any better then you can find in a seed pack.

as far as cost, yeah some are crazy expensive, some not so much. Chemdog D for 350.00, you can’t go wrong. even if ya put out 1k for a cut, ran a 4 x 8 tray of um, one time you get your money back. Also now have a decent cut that you can trade with to build your cut base.

if ya run with a good crew of growers, there’s access to cuts, traded, and free. Spend your time posting up your work, be a decent dude, and in time growers will hook up with ya. It’s not all that hard.

wish ya all the best in your hunt.
Ive met so many awesome ppl on here already so I can see where it’s heading. I’m gonna keep posting my work and do some pollen chucking and try to build up a nice collection of verified cuts. As for the price that’s how I looked at it too bc I’ll be running this cut in a 5x5 so I’ll get my money back for sure. Do you have some you keep around too?

growsince79

growsince79

Ive met so many awesome ppl on here already so I can see where it’s heading. I’m gonna keep posting my work and do some pollen chucking and try to build up a nice collection of verified cuts. As for the price that’s how I looked at it too bc I’ll be running this cut in a 5x5 so I’ll get my money back for sure. Do you have some you keep around too?
If its really outstanding like you're hoping, you can use it to pollinate you other girls.

P

Pike

Yes sir, I keep some cuts, from days gone by……

SourD
Chemdog D
Chemdog 91
Triangle Kush

couple of the newer….
Gelato33
Apple Fritter
GMO x Rootbeer

small spot, so don’t keep many, been through many different cuts over the years.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yes sir, I keep some cuts, from days gone by……

SourD
Chemdog D
Chemdog 91
Triangle Kush

couple of the newer….
Gelato33
Apple Fritter
GMO x Rootbeer

small spot, so don’t keep many, been through many different cuts over the years.
The original sour D cut? Man I would love to get the original purple kush outta Oakland. Ya I feel this is going to be part of the hobby as well. Collecting rare cuts and seeds. Is the apple fritter the Lumpys cut? Idk I just been seeing that one around online.

growsince79

growsince79

The original sour D cut? Man I would love to get the original purple kush outta Oakland. Ya I feel this is going to be part of the hobby as well. Collecting rare cuts and seeds. Is the apple fritter the Lumpys cut? Idk I just been seeing that one around online.
Seeds are so much easier though. You can shut down and go on vacation. If I knew someone I could trust to babysit. Someone needs to start a clone sitter service...

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Seeds are so much easier though. You can shut down and go on vacation. If I knew someone I could trust to babysit. Someone needs to start a clone sitter service...
I’ll hook up a drip system to a timer. Plus I have close friends/fam. I’m going to Florida for a week in January so I’m already planning ahead. Ya they are easier but having a rare cut that was hunted from a large population has a unique value and i posted the lab results above. I know exactly what I’m getting and when I learn how she grows I’ll dial it in even more!! Still always gonna pop seeds and do small 5-10 pack phenohunts but I’ll get into collecting the rare cuts as well.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I’m also in the process of hooking up cameras and using WiFi smart plugs so I can change the schedules whenever I want and always see my grow and property.

P

Pike

Yes sir, Original SourD, and lumps Fritter. The Sour I basically use for outcrosses.
Grew the PurpleKush cut from archive lotta years ago, did a few outcrosses. Good outcrosser, not so much for a toke, for me.

Top Bottom