What is your limiting factor?

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
We all have tendencies and most of us are not willing to self reflect and admit them 😝

1) Any experienced growers care to suggest what they think most new/novice growers deal with as their limiting factor to optimal growth? Hydro or organic.

2) How many runs with particular strain before you felt dialed in?

Swayz

Swayz

1. Proper watering.

2. Depends on how stable your genetics are. If you’re getting a different phenotype every time to sprout a seed it can be difficult. Otherwise just one or two runs is usually enough. Take notes during the first run and make any changes on the second and go from there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We all have tendencies and most of us are not willing to self reflect and admit them 😝

1) Any experienced growers care to suggest what they think most new/novice growers deal with as their limiting factor to optimal growth? Hydro or organic.

Knowledge… i know its not exactly what your asking but i feel its the 1 true answer.

Growing these plants can be easy but growing them to their potential is a quest that will continue into the ages.

Its like driving from point A to point B.

if you have a road map (knowledge) telling you where to go you'll get their faster with less hassle

Then if you want to invest further into knowledge of building a faster more reliable car you get there even faster.

After a few drives you may learn some new short cuts and tricks shaving down time on corners and knowing when to break or hit the gas.

I think the most common limiting factor is knowledge. Most commonly i see new growers pushing the gas with the lights when they need to be braking or coasting. As much as we all want to nobody jumps into a formula 1 when they first get a license expecting to win the cup…. If you do i think its pretty reasonable to expect a disastrous crash

So yeah i think is safe to say everyone’s limiting factor depends on thier knowledge and equipment

Last edited:
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Knowledge… i know its not exactly what your asking but i feel its the 1 true answer.

Growing these plants can be easy but growing them to their potential is a quest that will continue into the ages.

if you have a road map (knowledge) telling you where to go you'll get their faster with less hassle

Then if you want to invest further into knowledge of building a faster more reliable car you get there even faster.

After a few drives you may learn some new short cuts and tricks shaving down time on corners and knowing when to break or hit the gas.

I think the most common limiting factor is knowledge. Most commonly i see new growers pushing the gas with the lights when they need to be braking or coasting. As much as we all want to nobody jumps into a formula 1 when they first get a license expecting to win the cup…. If you do i think its pretty reasonable to expect a disastrous crash

So yeah i think is safe to say everyone’s limiting factor depends on thier knowledge and equipment
I love the answer. My ears perk up when wisdom is shared. Glad to see you around again @Aqua Man

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
1. Proper watering.

2. Depends on how stable your genetics are. If you’re getting a different phenotype every time to sprout a seed it can be difficult. Otherwise just one or two runs is usually enough. Take notes during the first run and make any changes on the second and go from there.
Only recently switched to clones and I’m hoping for more consistency and easier diagnosis of any mishaps.

Madmax

Madmax

Bang on.i was down in the knowledge department and i really wanted to suceed at growing so no 1 on my list was making sure i had a well thought out room thats runs smoothly with all the good bits (equipment) made it a hell of alot easier on myself to succeed..i really dont have to worry bout them so much and can concentrate on learning now..

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

1 - Lack of feedback / data.

Are my roots drowned? Don't know, can't see them in the dirt.
Is my lighting correct? No meter or experience to fall back on, so you wait for a problem and then have to diagnose.
Is my harvest ready? No way to know the peak cannabinoid level at home.
Is the guy on this forum really giving me good advice?
Is this nitrogen toxicity?
The list goes on.

Some of this is knowledge based for sure, but some is not.

2 - I'll let you know. I'm never satisfied.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Surprisingly for me it's space and males. I live on 40acres but when dealing with males and pollen you have to be careful. I only have 2 locations (so far) that i can guarantee non contamination. So i can only make so many crosses at a time and be confident the seeds will be what i need them to be.
So to compound that you have to schedule and time when you hunt males so ur sensimilia doesn't get jacked...males are a huge pain in the ass.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Kinda like how the first time I played Gran Turismo 7 I was terrible, and now I'm slightly less terrible? 🤣

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Surprisingly for me it's space and males. I live on 40acres but when dealing with males and pollen you have to be careful. I only have 2 locations (so far) that i can guarantee non contamination. So i can only make so many crosses at a time and be confident the seeds will be what i need them to be.
So to compound that you have to schedule and time when you hunt males so ur sensimilia doesn't get jacked...males are a huge pain in the ass.

I think most women would agree with your assertation lol

I like to think my limiting factor is money for more space and more lights 😂

strider26554

strider26554

As someone who has grown for a long time, I would have to say the most limiting factor for me would be my lack of proper documentation. It is damn near impossible to properly asses a situation without all of the pertinent information. I can tell myself the same thing every year "im going to write down everything", then lo and behold , I'm halfway through another grow and I have a couple of things scrawled down on the back of a waterlogged pop tart box, and a handful of receipts from the local gardening store stuffed into an old peat pot that has been sitting in the same spot since I cut my finger trying to separate the damn thing from its siamese twin and had to go find a band-aid.
All joking aside, if I had to pick one thing that i think holds me back from being a REALLY GOOD grower that would be the one. Im 56 years old and have been growing since I was in my early twenties, with some time off for family and career and such, ive done indoor/ outdoor hydro and organic, and without the notes I would have been starting over every year. When we attempt to solve a problem the first thing we do is ask for information, and without those answers often we are lost, so yes proper documentation is key for me.

H

hawkman

each plant is different Here are the three MOST important things that you will need to be successful 1) Genetics 2) Light 3) Medium basicly for the "hobbiest" it will be size of grow room size as a limiting factor One "dial's" in as they grow - just get a good 2 or 3 part nutrient "pack" (micro/veg/bloom) (can give you some names of companies that offer sample packs of their nutreints costing from $10.00 to $20.00) And use this site for help !! KeepThingsSimple --- many growing book are published on internet and are free to up-load

growsince79

growsince79

Msr 79 is my limiting factor. Most hybrids are dial in on one or two grows. Landrace Colombian and the crosses are harder.

Top Bottom