What Is Your Pesticide Schedule ?

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I dont get all the tent pushers growing from seed to need any kind of ipm to be honest;) Besides keeping the tent clean. Never in my life have I ever just had a spider mite hop on my plants and start duplicating. Everytime I ever got SM or PM it came from clones from someone else.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Neem compounds bear no resemblance to synthetic pesticides.
They are composed only of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen and contain none of the chlorine, phosphorus, sulfur or nitrogen atoms found in synthetic chemicals. [https://mycotopia.net/topic/12323-neem-why-it-works-and-what-it-does/]

As most things in life, we can have too much of anything. I'm going to continue using neem meal in my soil, as bat guano, Perlite, compost teas, and manures can all cause serious health issues. Being aware is the key imo.

My indoor grow and my garden are two distinct areas, and never the two do meet. This said, good housekeeping eliminates many problems.
I used to suffer with Fungus gnats, but a few sticky strips in the grow room eventually catch them. Essential oils are also worth a look at. As a repellent, to an anti-fungal/viral measure. I've used 'Thieves oil' (it's a specific blend) in a diffuser with no ill effects.

Happy growing !!

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

View attachment 769127
I just learned about this the other day, becoming more of a problem. Just because it is organic doesn't mean it's safe. That's like saying mother nature is organic and therefore anything she has to give is beneficial.
ALSO: as an extractor, if someone sprays before a week going into flower with neem or after that, none of the concentrates turn out. They will have literal neem oil pooled on the top, and it tastes like burning shit. It's no good, start looking at essential oils like d'limonene, peppermint oil, cinnamon.

I want to second peppermint oil. You can use a mixture of it and water to kill a lot of pests. I've fended off pests successfully in some giant, organic fruit and veggie grows. Add some soap too if you don't mind. Soap breaks down the majority of insect and mites exoskeletons. For really resilient pests try something like http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2015/07/organic-pest-control-garden-spray.html.

madgrower

madgrower

As a Canadian, that's not true at all. I have neem meal and oil in my home right more bought locally and online. The standard espoma meal bag is everywhere and there is cold pressed oil everywhere also. Most statements like that are ridiculous to people that live here. We digest the same television and products as you guys in 99% of cases. Almost no difference besides the obvious ones(guns, etc.) between a northern state American and a Canadian as far as basic living, product availability, culture, and weather. I've lived all over Michigan and Ontario and its the same shit.
None in maritimes just checked again

Top Bottom