What kind of deficiency is this?

• Thread starter Stevo0121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Hi
Looking at the video, I noticed some burt tips, which indicates nutrient burn, try cutting back.
Also, the browning of the leaf edges along the sirated edge indicates too much water.
Try not to water too much. As you have changed lights to LED. They produce a lot less heat.
View attachment 1195512

You said Anyone?
Deaner
Yeah I cut back on the nutes I just tried to up them to get them back green again kinda worked but now I’ve got them back at 1.4 EC

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Future things to think about; I don't see any movement of the plants, you should have some air movement. Too many plants for the tent, if they start growing like they should they will be crowding each other. And you can't easily check the weight of the pots to see if they are in need of water because they are so crowded. Don't go by the color of the coco on top as to whether they need water, lift the pot to see if it's heavy or light to determine if they need water.
Also, even though you said you have those lights dialed back in watts, those leaves look bleached to me so I think you still have too much light, too many 650 watt lights for that much area.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

There 2 weeks in flower now so don’t think they will stretch much further. And there growing Insane, there size of the branches even at the bottom is crazyyy, they wouldn’t even fit in root root cube I had to make my own holes in there with a pen.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

There 2 weeks in flower now so don’t think they will stretch much further. And there growing Insane, there size of the branches even at the bottom is crazyyy, they wouldn’t even fit in root root cube I had to make my own holes in there with a pen.
Future things to think about; I don't see any movement of the plants, you should have some air movement. Too many plants for the tent, if they start growing like they should they will be crowding each other. And you can't easily check the weight of the pots to see if they are in need of water because they are so crowded. Don't go by the color of the coco on top as to whether they need water, lift the pot to see if it's heavy or light to determine if they need water.
Also, even though you said you have those lights dialed back in watts, those leaves look bleached to me so I think you still have too much light, too many 650 watt lights for that much area.
Thanks for the advice bro and next time I’ll lesser the plant or get a bigger tent, the bigger tent sounds better lol and I dunno if there light bleached I have heard of that but if you look at the recent vid they look like there enjoying it🤷🏽‍♂️

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

I have 2 oscillating fans on the way it’s just I don’t know where to hang them as the floor space is covered?

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I have 2 oscillating fans on the way it’s just I don’t know where to hang them as the floor space is covered?
Find a way to hang or mount your fans above pointing down, they don't need to be blowing on them crazy, they just need the air movement. The plants do look healthier now....I can't find any mention of what strains of plants they are and if they are autos or not. If they are autos they likely will not stretch much more, but if they aren't they could continue to stretch for awhile. If they stay that small you might get away with the crowding. So where in the world you are you anyway?

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Find a way to hang or mount your fans above pointing down, they don't need to be blowing on them crazy, they just need the air movement. The plants do look healthier now....I can't find any mention of what strains of plants they are and if they are autos or not. If they are autos they likely will not stretch much more, but if they aren't they could continue to stretch for awhile. If they stay that small you might get away with the crowding. So where in the world you are you anyway?
Yeah I’m gonna use a cable ties and hang the fans up and the smaller ones are harybo from R-kiem seeds and the 3 big ones are 3 diff strains, kens GDP, In house genetics platinum gushers and in-house genetics platinum kush breath. Hopefully they stop stretching or I’m gonna use some pk for a week in week 3 to force them to stop. The harybo meant to be short plant with thick stems as it does and seems like it’s growing sideways and not up that’s always good for my set up anyway. This is my first time using leds and they are bitch to dial in the feed especially with these beast HLG650R, but I’m positive it’s looking better. Thanks for the advice.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Looks like you have it under control now, as for the necessary fans, just buy a cheap osculating pedistool fan take off the base hang it upside down from top of tent and save some money.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Looks like you have it under control now, as for the necessary fans, just buy a cheap osculating pedistool fan take off the base hang it upside down from top of tent and save some money.
Yeah I’ve just basically added a intake into it as there no space to hang anything as the 4 lights cover the whole canopy, or I’m gonna buy a few clip on fans but the highest they go to is 8inch I would prefer at least 10-12 inch fans but none of them that size are clip on they have to be on the floor.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

They are 16 days into flower now, I always flower on the start of the month so I don’t get dates mixed up lol they look like there enjoying it tho, they eat like crazy I dunno if it’s the leds or what but they eat double the amount of a hps in my personal opinion.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Not really much to say There growing nice and I think I need to defoliate the bottoms a bit I know this is a touchy subject but personally I just trim the bottoms and never past the half way mark of the plant and then I just tuck fan leafs under the closest branch.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I always defoliate day 21 you could give so much more light to other sights the plant isn't focusing on growing vegetation anymore it's putting energy into making flowers so by defoliating the plants focus even more energy into growing colas the plant will recover and the yeilds will greatly increase start slow if your not comfortable and every crop try more until you find the results you want

20210920 213147
20210920 213020
20210925 212504
20210925 212514
20211014 213056
20211025 205323
20211025 205330
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Looks nice and organised lol what light is that?
Blackdog led phytomax-2 1000 ye that run was 9 different phenotypes I was looking for mothers so canopy isent perfect and every plant had different characteristics . But this time canopy is even and plants are much more trained these lights in a 5by5 is giving 2- 2 1/2 pounds each round without co2

IMG 20211226 104928 838
Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Blackdog led phytomax-2 1000 ye that run was 9 different phenotypes I was looking for mothers so canopy isent perfect and every plant had different characteristics . But this time canopy is even and plants are much more trained these lights in a 5by5 is giving 2- 2 1/2 pounds each round without co2
I was looking at the black dogs tbf but decided to go with the HLG650R instead, looks like a beast of a light and what day in flower did you defoliate?

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I was looking at the black dogs tbf but decided to go with the HLG650R instead, looks like a beast of a light and what day in flower did you defoliate?
Day 1 of flower because the foliage grows back so fast hope you could wait till day 21 to defoliate the second time...I ran a test I defoliated 1 week before flipping to flower and now day 8 of flower I needed to do another defoliation less aggressive because day 21 I do another ill judge and see there's no rules I go by experience and the plants tell me what they need what they could tolerate and what they like

IMG 20211227 082747 546
IMG 20211227 082747 605
IMG 20211227 082747 651
IMG 20211227 082747 678
IMG 20211227 082747 738
IMG 20211227 082747 786
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Hi
Looking at the video, I noticed some burt tips, which indicates nutrient burn, try cutting back.
Also, the browning of the leaf edges along the sirated edge indicates too much water.
Try not to water too much. As you have changed lights to LED. They produce a lot less heat.
View attachment 1195512

You said Anyone?
Deaner
Potassium deficiency does that too

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Quick update they been in flower 35 days now so another 30+ days to go and I’ve added the uv bars also see if it does make a difference as I’ve left one of them off just to compare..

Top Bottom