What Kind Of Little Infant Cannabis Killer Is This?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been doing some reading, general organic gardening articles and papers, about mites. I found info that states, besides bees and a certain ant, most bugs aren't able to process sugars. So what happens is when the mite eats plant material with the sugar on it the mite expandes from the inside out. It literally squeezes the life out of the mite from the inside out.

Not to mention, I can't imagine a spider mite being caught in drying solution would be immobilized as well.

I also did some more research in general organic gardening, not forums, about the effect of water/sugar on plants. We all know the benefits of adding molasses or other sugar inspired products to our roots all though I have not done this. So what might the benefit of the same solution as a foliar spray?

It's been used for ever by organic farmers before organic was even a thing, milk too by the way, look it up! There are many long time organic farmers that swear in the benefits of sugar for a plant even as a foliar spray.

I found a study by a university that showed only minimal, almost nil, beneficial impact on yield. There were small increases in yield but not enough to be statistically meaningful. I can tell you o e thing though, they didn't find any detrimental effects of the spray at all.
I almost want to call BS on this method and the thinking. Not being a smart azz bro and heres my position. If bugs can not process sugars, how then do we have zillions of living healthy sap suckers that feed on high Brix plants 24/7 Dont get me wrong if the method used worked for you, Right On man. But the sugar angle just doesnt wash out to my mind. Maybe someone can pipe in and set me straight. Either way good to hear your issue is resolved. Again, I will remind, that an ounce of up front prevention is worth pounds o buds.

P.S. IPM = (Integrated Pest Management) Necessary for even the most savvy indoor guys. Even indoors bugs can and will find a way in.

Last edited:
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I almost want to call BS on this method and the thinking. Not being a smart azz bro and heres my position. If bugs can not process sugars, how then do we have zillions of living healthy sap suckers that feed on high Brix plants 24/7 Dont get me wrong if the method used worked for you, Right On man. But the sugar angle just doesnt wash out to my mind. Maybe someone can pipe in and set me straight. Either way good to hear your issue is resloved. Again, I will remind, that an ounce of up front prevention is worth pounds o buds.

P.S. IPM = (Integrated Pest Management) Necessary for even the most savvy indoor guys. Even indoors bugs can and will find a way in.
I wanna know how the hell he got catapillars inside . or am i mixing up people who knows this tardtang got me really loopy

S

Shawnery

Yep, 8 got catipellers, moths flying in the breather holes?

S

Shawnery

Here you go. Luckily the infestation is mostly on one side in a small area but they are everywhere as well.

The the little white things with legs in front, only one alive out of maybe 10. Then the mite pic all all different ones and only 1 out of 5 where alive.

No idea what happened to the last mite.

20171030 123958
20171030 123847
20171030 123715
20171030 123435
20171030 122953
Dunge

Dunge

You have got to be watching them feed.
Do the ladies hunt the underside as well as the top?
When they find a mite how long does it take for the devouring phase?

Latest posts

Top Bottom