What kind of mite is this?

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I am sure its on here somewhere but I can't find it. Maybe someone with the time and vast knowledge could make a sticky on beneficial or noninvasive bugs. From my Google searches it might be a predator mite / beneficial mite but paranoia gets the better of me. I also have springtails under the pots as I don't elevate them off the bottom because it's a PIA to get rid of the runoff if I have it.
Anyway does anyone know what it is? Good guy or bad guy? I don't see any sign of damage or webbing on foliage. They seem to hang out under the pots and sticky card that was turned upside down to see if anything was falling off the shaken plants.

What kind of mite is this
Chinook3

Chinook3

Looks like an aphid to me! Time for some soap and water.

Chinook3

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Does it move fast or slow?
What soil are you using?

I'm guessing its a hyposasis miles (good bug).

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Does it move fast or slow?
What soil are you using?

I'm guessing its a hyposasis miles (good bug).
He moves fairly fast. He is easy to spot. You can see him cruising along in the short video. I use fox farms soils. I started with Happy Frog and Ocean Forrest and I am using a mixture of Coco Loco and Happy Frog in the latest adventure. I reuse my soil and add ammendments each cycle. I'm only on my 2nd go around now. I hope it's a good guy lol I am so paranoid about spider mites.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hyposasis miles 100%

Fast bugs are normally good bugs
Slow bugs are Normally bad bugs
Once I looked it up they feed on fungus gnat larvae and springtails. Makes sense as I see them along with the springtails under the pots. Ok thanks for the info! I needed someone to reassure me lol🤩

Top Bottom