What Kind Of Support For Branches

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

seen a lot of videos of people using what looks like stretchy plastic marking tape to wrap around the 2x4 welded wire fence and also to branches to take weight when flowering begins

but really is it strong enough ...

What kind of support for branches
Reactions: Ina
Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

Given that setup, I'd get a spool of aquarium tubing (to protect plant) and a roll of jute and make slings as needed, tied off to the fence above them. I say as needed, no need to risk chaffing if possible. Another route would be skinny bamboo supports stuck in the soil and the limbs tied, but it'd be an eye gouge hazard in that instance, me thinks.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

might need a ton of that

guess that and some tie straps to attach to the fenc instead of tie a knot

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

might need a ton of that

guess that and some tie straps to attach to the fenc instead of tie a knot

Yeah, that's why I said spool and roll. The tubing would be re-usable at least a few times, jute's cheap as chips.

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

Yeah, that's why I said spool and roll. The tubing would be re-usable at least a few times, jute's cheap as chips.

I wouldn't worry about the zip ties, un-necessary expense. Jute's natural and a utility knife after harvest would make short work of clean-up. That or a torch.

BudBogart

BudBogart

After the wire cage, just wrapping the plants with this stuff does the trick. Wrap them better than the one in this picture, but it’s good stuff.

A3A5FAF3 B6A5 4381 98D8 1E5EB86766CC

123grow

After the wire cage, just wrapping the plants with this stuff does the trick. Wrap them better than the one in this picture, but it’s good stuff.

View attachment 820163
Yep.. amazingly this works great. We've been using it forever. Just don't get your feet caught in it or the eyelets on your boots, it will surly knock you on your knees. lmao .. been there done that. Good luck.. Julie

Top Bottom