What Kind Of Worm Type Bug Is This?

• Thread starter WhackityJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WhackityJack

I brought in a plant for harvest and I found a few of these on it. They are quite small, maybe 1/4" long. The lines in the picture are the lines from school paper. They were alive after the plant hanging for a few days.

What is it? Should I be spraying BK or harvest ASAP?

20190927024425.jpg

20190927024523.jpg

20190927024607.jpg

Last edited:
W

WhackityJack

Another one I found. It, like the others is small, and translucent. It was sort of a pinkish tinged clear colour.

1Dobo

1Dobo

Hard to tell, but I'm being invaded by budworms right now.. and this could be one too, although it looks a little different than what I have. If you are close to harvesting, I'd just go out and pick them off. In my case, I'm still a week away from harvest, so I don't want to spray BT, although I do understand it can be sprayed right up to harvest. So I'd say pick them off, but if you have a few weeks to go, I'd spray. Next time around, I'll start a spraying routine when I put them in flower... I don't have time to pick through 30 plants at this stage of the game.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

start buy spraying the soil,that nip those in the bud,next best time to get the little bastards is with a flash light in the dark,the plant can no longer camo them,if you have some spinosad a gallon of water with it will bring them up out of the soil

W

WhackityJack

start buy spraying the soil,that nip those in the bud,next best time to get the little bastards is with a flash light in the dark,the plant can no longer camo them,if you have some spinosad a gallon of water with it will bring them up out of the soil
We cannot use spinsad. I can get BTK though.

Madbud

Madbud

We cannot use spinsad. I can get BTK though.
I’ve been using 15% BTK Thuricide and am a little concerned about what the other 85% could be. Bonide is only required to report class 1 toxins so crap like toluene is fine. Surely they use safe stuff to improve coverage etc but i can’t find any of their secret ingredients anywhere. Monterey is 98% BTK. That said, i still find a small one here or there, grey pistils and black poop specs in the bud are a sure sign. The cats are usually dieing and damage is minimal. I sprayed before a rain last night and again after it stopped figuring that would get it into the bud. Hoping that a quick soak in water will wash it off with any other debris. So far the test buds have been good without any unusual flavor.
Edit: put a bin under the hanging plant to see how many rappel out of the buds.

Top Bottom