What LED grow light should i get for my 4x4 tent.

• Thread starter dabski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabski

Hello everyone, first post here...

I had a Mar II 800 it did ok but was cheap trash and died and only on my 3rd grow.
It came with my tent, and i never really looked into lighting before.
I got a few seeds started and flipped on my light to find out it's done for.

I did a little research and have come down to 2 different lights that i feel fit my 4x4 space. The one light is over 450cdn but i feel its overkill, and a little over my budget, i was going to go with this cheaper king brand, but then had a few people to tell me to stay away and just take the hit and get the better light. Do I stay in budget and buy this light with good reviews that i think i perfect for my 4x4 space...
it's called the king Plus 1200W(thought would do fine) or do i go way over budget and get the Mars Hydro Ts 2000(seems overkill) So yeah i don't know, i would be happy with something in the middle price wise, def don't want to end up with a dead light next year. Anyone got any other light suggestions would be great too.
Thanks for the help!
Hope my questions don't seem too stupid lol

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

I hear good things about those companies, i haven’t tried them.

I like this full spectrum x5 cob, not very powerful though.. if I was on budget I would look at quantum birds
in a 4x4 I run two ES180s and one COB. Definitely overkill and over budget but I love them

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I have mars hydros there not bad lights, but the dimming function kinda sucks, and the mounting system sucks. I wouldn't buy them again..

D

dabski

I have kind led 750 would fit perfect???
Yeah i don't know anyone with ether lights i was sold on the king 1200 but my buddy gave me massive second thought saying how trash it is.... I don't even know if he knows what hes talking about. People saying i need 50w per square foot so like shouldnt a 1200w be more than enough and 2000w for 300$ more seems pricey. I duno i am so lost and on the fence and i need to order something like now. Think i will go the cheap route and see how the king 1200W works and if sucks then upgrade later on in life when i have more $$$ but like does it really makes that big a difference to have the high quality light over a lower quality?

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Yeah i don't know anyone with ether lights i was sold on the king 1200 but my buddy gave me massive second thought saying how trash it is.... I don't even know if he knows what hes talking about. People saying i need 50w per square foot so like shouldnt a 1200w be more than enough and 2000w for 300$ more seems pricey. I duno i am so lost and on the fence and i need to order something like now. Think i will go the cheap route and see how the king 1200W works and if sucks then upgrade later on in life when i have more $$$ but like does it really makes that big a difference to have the high quality light over a lower quality?
Bro if it that quick I'd go down the same route see how the king goes
No rush it all a waiting game anyway
You can have dog equipment an still grow monsters just need practice

FourthCity

FourthCity

People saying i need 50w per square foot so like shouldnt a 1200w be more than enough and 2000w for 300$ more seems pricey.
i went with the mars hydro tsw 2000w will post back with results sooner or later thanks for opinions!
The kingplus light is 232 watts, not 1200 watts, and the mars hydro tsw 2000w is 299 watts not 2000. Good lights start around $1/watt (us) and decent budget lights are at least $.50/watt. The mars hydro is overpriced for a budget light and the kingplus is not even worth considering, your buddy was definitely right about that. For budget lights I dont think anyone is beating kingbrite (on alibaba) right now and for a proper light hlg and timber are good options.

The light you got should work well for you but I dont think it will provide adequate coverage for your whole 4x4 if its ever full of flowering plants. You would benefit from about 300 more watts in that space so you may want to shop for another light when its in the budget. Hopefully this mars hydro will last you longer than the last one.

Top Bottom