What led to go with?

• Thread starter Totts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Totts

Hi!

the title says it all I am currently trying to decide what led unit to get I live in EU so need one that works there I been looking at www.hydrogrowled.com and www.prosourceworldwide.com I need a unit or two units that work for the space of 3x3 or 4x4 feet.

If you have any other led companies to reccomend please do so:) I want no shitty led I want a nice one.

Is ebay a no no for leds?

/Totts

squiggly

squiggly

I have been using the pro grow series LEDs from hydroponicshut and have great results--awesome customer service as well.

I know they provide EU options, you should check them out--have nothing but good things to say about these guys.

P

paulycali

I use Kessel LED Lighting for seedling and clones as well as for supplemental lighting in the flowering room. These LED's rock for sure. A few spectrums to choose as well. Check em out :)

T

Totts

I think I might be going with the sonlight model though since its within EU 5 year warranty and wold be easier to ship back if something went wrong have not heard of anyone using them though so will be a gamble and hope they are good:/

tags420

tags420

If you aren't messing around and want quality that performs, Apache Tech AT120 is the best light IMO. They have the most par micro moles output per watt than anyone. True power and penetration. One light is good(specially for led's)...two is better than any 1000W hps.
AT120
Pulls a total of about 158 watts using 120 one watt led's. Running surface temp of <95*.
Puts out 950+ par micro moles @ 12"....Better than 600w and just lower than 1000w.
I run apache tech's but hydro grow seem to have a similar system and they tell you the important(par output) information too.

619ster

619ster

If you aren't messing around and want quality that performs, Apache Tech AT120 is the best light IMO. They have the most par micro moles output per watt than anyone. True power and penetration. One light is good(specially for led's)...two is better than any 1000W hps.
AT120
Pulls a total of about 158 watts using 120 one watt led's. Running surface temp of <95*.
Puts out 950+ par micro moles @ 12"....Better than 600w and just lower than 1000w.
I run apache tech's but hydro grow seem to have a similar system and they tell you the important(par output) information too.
Good suggestion!! Although not the 'most' efficient light as you stated. Look into Illumitex Surexi diodes and see the future!! Eclipse and Neo Sol also utilize these LEDs. Here's a link to the Neo Sol: https://growershouse.com/neosol-50w-led-plant-grow-light Don't let the small wattage and small size fool ya!! Another option for UK based LEDs: Also really interesting is these: http://www.rhinogrow.com/ And lastly, for now lol: http://www.lumigrow.com/

S

Santi

From all the research I have done it says to stay far away from the 1 watt LED individual lights. Everything I have read says to go for the 3 watt LED lights and to avoid the 1 watt LED. This is in reference to the above postings on the AT 120. Just to let people know I am buying the Stealth Grow 602 as Christmas present for myself. I will make sure to let everyone know how she performs once I get her up and running.

tags420

tags420

That's because most companies don't run their led at full power so some 1watters are usually very weak. I stay away from 5w not 1w. 3w are the most efficient if driven properly. Kinda like a 600 is for hps. AT120 are 1w driver at 100%...and they put out better numbers than most 3 watts. My AT side by side out performed my stealth but you will like the stealth its a good light. Good luck.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

You should take a look at Light Beam's GL Series.

What's different about yours than any of the others?

Besides our independent development of a complete, well balanced spectrum, our custom
high powered LED arrays incorporates a variety of dies on a single chip which maximizes
color mixing. The LED arrays incorporates an optical grade hemispherical lens which
enhances the output coupling of light leading to increased efficiency.
Our thermal management system is specifically matched to the heat output of the LED arrays
and incorporates feedback monitoring which protects the lights from over heating even in the
event of a total cooling system failure. Our thermal management system ensures that the LED
arrays stay cool which increases light output, efficiency, and maintains the useful lifetime of
the LEDs.
Our compound reflector design is like no other. Our reflector is made of high quality, 98%
reflective aluminum and is designed to take advantage of the way light is emitted from
the individual LED arrays. The compound design encloses each LED array, harvesting as
much light as possible, casting it uniformly downward onto the plant canopy. The reflector is
designed to eliminate luminous “hot spots”, increase overall light penetration and interact with
leaves at small angles with respect to normal incidence which increases the ability of leaves
to absorb light.

S

Santi

I don't understand how I was not speaking english. Seems to me you don't want to do your homework or read the above posts. I gave you the website to the Stealth Grow site. What else do you need? I can't do the work for you. I mean come on man you're never going to have a successful garden if you're too lazy to read the above posts or do your homework. All I can offer is my opinion on what I have done for research then I can share my experience with what i choose to purchase. I am just trying to find the best LED as IMO they are the future of indoor gardening.

Top Bottom