what LED WORKS???

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tags420

tags420

A lot has been said today...

12 inches is the standard par is measured from for comparisons. HID dont actually run that close and leds can run way closer.

1.5lb per 1000w is upper side of good. My theory for my room is to pull 5

baba G...775$ a light when I bought 8 of them....my wallet imploded a little but a fucking killer deal!!!

Temps are actually really easy to maintain. My tent was half ass insulated...my bigger room(10x10) is designed to grow so it should be just fine. It is a weird feeling with no huge fans running all the time anymore.

Brandon...you could have packed way more in that area and gotten better numbers just by plant count; Dream is a perfect test grow strain... huge yields and a shit ton of people grow it. I think test have to be done at a professional level with absolute dedication for people to truly respect it and think about switching. I'm getting close to flipping the switch soon on mine soon.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

A lot has been said today...

12 inches is the standard par is measured from for comparisons. HID dont actually run that close and leds can run way closer.

1.5lb per 1000w is upper side of good. My theory for my room is to pull 5

baba G...775$ a light when I bought 8 of them....my wallet imploded a little but a fucking killer deal!!!

Temps are actually really easy to maintain. My tent was half ass insulated...my bigger room(10x10) is designed to grow so it should be just fine. It is a weird feeling with no huge fans running all the time anymore.

Brandon...you could have packed way more in that area and gotten better numbers just by plant count; Dream is a perfect test grow strain... huge yields and a shit ton of people grow it. I think test have to be done at a professional level with absolute dedication for people to truly respect it and think about switching. I'm getting close to flipping the switch soon on mine soon.

You don't want to measure PAR too close. That will only give you the peak. The peak doesn't mean shit. You are looking for a steady plateau. So if you see someone's reading come out like this /\, run. You are looking for something like this /T\
Bad vs good

tags420

tags420

When making comparisons thats how it's measured, tested, and stated for the majority. Yes it is peak, but output is just that... you are talking about coverage spread. With a fixed source, light obeys the inverse square law no matter what kind of light, so as you move away it will be quantifiable decline. Coverage spread is another factor in which to differentiate quality IMO. In theory a companies ideal coverage area should reflect the area that the light covers without sacrificing the intensity effectiveness. I agree that I don't want a light that puts out a 1000 umole in center and 200 in square 9 of a 3x3 area. But you can't expect companies to advertise the par of each square foot of a the coverage at each height.
If your canopy is 12-15 inches below the light(like measured) then it does mean that is the intensity at canopy level... which for a SOG grow is almost everything.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

You won't get exact measurments at that distance. Just saying that I do these measurements personally and a measurement from 12 inches is not a good read out. The dementions of our unit is larger than 12 inches x 12 inches. Now an HPS bulb could be smaller than 12 inches by 12 inches, therefor you could get a steady read out at 12 inches from the center of the light. That means you are reading data in fractions. If I were doing an individual LED that would work. We would suggest you grow with our light 24 inches from the canopy for best coverage and results to maximize the amount of space.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I don't usually like to chime in on Led threads because its so much of a touchy situation, but..... I will chime in why I use them in Hawaii, when I actually have the sun all year long.

I look at the artificial lighting, depending on the situation and application. At 40 cents a kwh in HI, it would almost kill you to use hps and ac's, unless you go commercial and take the risk to make it worth the electric bill. Which is almost a red flag. I have seen some risky fellows pay up to 1600 or more a month on electric. With this in mind, I can say that led would be a great choice if you want to save a load of money under the radar for HI. Then there is the winter factor here on the islands. We get pounded a lot with rain and that can be a bitch. I use the led to finish out the last 2 weeks if its raining like mad. It helps a lot in that situation. With our sun light times at 13 1/2 at the longest, it helps to use the led to veg them to taller lengths before popping them in the sun. It makes a load of nodes and when they hit the sun its like magic. I have done a run with led with a scrog set up and blasted 3 1/2 o's of 1 lady, and that was a small light to test with. I will run one this winter since its so wet this winter. When I get that results, I will be sure to blast some pics.

In conclusion, I can actually see the benefits for my situation and applications. It is up to the individual to make the move and see if it works for his situation and application. If it doesn't fit, then stay with what works. That is the only thing I can say about growing. I myself have never tried hid, so I am not biased at all. I started with the sun, then tried led for experimenting. I myself have not had a problem at all with adapting to the use. I also see a difference in plant structure from my led girls and my buddies hid girls. Its all personal preference at this point to me.

Aloha and happy healing and growing, PL.

P.S. I am not and never will be a led salesman. I am just a med patient trying to make my meds at the lowest cost possible. Peace.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

You won't get exact measurments at that distance. Just saying that I do these measurements personally and a measurement from 12 inches is not a good read out. The dementions of our unit is larger than 12 inches x 12 inches. Now an HPS bulb could be smaller than 12 inches by 12 inches, therefor you could get a steady read out at 12 inches from the center of the light. That means you are reading data in fractions. If I were doing an individual LED that would work. We would suggest you grow with our light 24 inches from the canopy for best coverage and results to maximize the amount of space.

Just was wondering what light do you represent and sell? PL.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I am testing out the GL700 for Light Beam Industries. I am a legal med grower/patient/caregiver that has always used 1000w HPS on my indoors, until now and am just blown away by LEDs. I don't get paid for testing out the light. I don't get to keep the light. I am just blessed to work for a local company that could lend me $50,000+ in equipment and in return report all test data to them. There is no advertisement. They just released it and are not putting much effort into getting it out there. I believe this light is the best out there and have taken it upon myself to inform others about this light, about LEDs and related technologies.

tags420

tags420

Brandon your situation sounds like my friend, who is licensed distributor and does independent testing of certain products for his own business promotions...apache being one of them and how I got my deal. He works for himself not apache but is a licensed distributor and goes all out to show what he sells works. I was just talking to him today about your company actually...based on this info and also the par numbers you posted too...

None of the links are working for me. I am an engineer and botanist for an up and coming LED company. We have several products out there and do lots of custom projects, some that I can not even talk about. One of my favorites is our grow light. It feels good to be a part of something that you know is the best. We have done severall side by side tests and are still doing tests. I personally don't ever think we will stop doing tests. I take pride in the fact that we have the best light out there and plan to make it so we will always have the best light out there. We just released our light to the public a month or two ago. I hope we can get this light out there so people can see what I am talking about and so we can bring the prices lower. We design our own LEDs, controllers, light engines, shell and reflector.

I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions, because I am another person that is sick of companies boasting about things that dont matter and customers buying product that they know nothing about. Most products out there on the market are crap and I am here to prove that. I will not talk badly about any individual light or company. I am only here to answer questions to inform people about the technologies that relate to LEDs and what plants need and dont need. Then you and the rest of the people out there interested in LEDs can make their own educated decisions.

I don't mean to pick but you are either like my friend but over stepped you jurisdiction when you said that, or you work for them?
Or maybe you're like me... just doing a test grow to show the distributor, but I had to pay for my equipment, just got a discount in exchange for my science. I was buying a few more anyways, this just gave me incentive to blow it all out and do it right. If it is a bust though, I'm in a deep hole and back on the market.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I work for LBI, but not the sales or advertising department. We are actually so small that we don't have a direct sales or advertising department. I believe an employee from a sister company advertises some of our other projects. LBI was not allowed to do testing with medical marijuana and were done doing any sort of testing of their own. I went to my CEOs and told them that I would continue doing the testing on what the light was intended for and in exchange they would lend me all the testing equipment.

With not having a sales or advertising department and there being so much more profit to be made in other products, the grow lights got pushed to the side. After seeing what the lights could do, I have taken it upon myself to promote the light. I'm hoping that if I can sell this light and show people that there truly is LED technology out there that has the potential to do what everyone hopes they can do, in return I can create a job out of it.

I'd love to have a job being a sales rep for the best grow light on the market.

tags420

tags420

You can call a spade a shovel but it's still a spade. They don't have sales because they have you. Just kidding a little but the company pays your bills.
That's pretty much the story with apache...they are only into doing big business high bay and their nasa thing that they don't do anything else. A couple of adds in mags here and there but they are established compared to your company. They have a lot of high profile fed clients and won't ever test/directly support ganja. Thats why my friend started his thing, to show what they can do with our plant. Only him and monstergardens are authorized retailers of apache techs. I'm trying to get him to come on the fourms so people can talk direct with him. Greengenes is his name but his site was something like alahydro... and is down I guess now but coming back soon as greengenes he said today when we talked. He sells he led T8 bulbs too. He is a great guy and loves to teach.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

The company doesn't pay my bills. I'm confused...

It would be really cool to get him on here to help teach people about the technologies associated with LEDs.

tags420

tags420

You are their engineer and botanist hence, they pay you...I doubt you do those roles for free

I'm working on getting him on. Not much that we haven't brought up though.

We were talking yesterday and he is replacing all my red blues with the WR3:2. I was surprised but the white is actually blue chips but with a coating and gives more of the whole spectrum but appears white to us. The red blue gives people vertigo when working under them and just straight up isn't as good as the R2's. 2.5% higher thc whith R2's over the original red/blues.

squiggly

squiggly

Brandon if your end goal is to get the thing marketed--your best foot forward is going to be convincing your CEO's to facilitate testing by an impartial 3rd party.

Testing from within always turns up pretty numbers. That isn't to suggest that you'd doctor any data or results--it's just saying that we wouldn't expect to hear a negative case (i.e. in this same situation if the light was a failure, you'd likely say nothing to us).

So out of all the cases we hear, just statistically speaking--some of it is going to be bullshit. People are wary enough on LED as it is, and it doesn't help when the guy singing the praises works for the company (as he very very often does in this industry).

Even if your story is innocent and true, it's not new and so it doesn't immediately and without question seem that way.

I hope you're right about this product, but if you really want to make it a success--this is what it will take.

(For the record, I grow with LED and do not work for any manufacturer of grow products)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You are their engineer and botanist hence, they pay you...I doubt you do those roles for free

We were talking yesterday and he is replacing all my red blues with the WR3:2. I was surprised but the white is actually blue chips but with a coating and gives more of the whole spectrum but appears white to us. The red blue gives people vertigo when working under them and just straight up isn't as good as the R2's. 2.5% higher thc whith R2's over the original red/blues.
What were the thc testing results?

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Wow. At 2500 a pop, that can be painful to the beginner. How many watts does that 700 pull of the wall? What is the core footprint for that light? How heavy is that beast? Looks like a gnarly light.

Has anyone ever checked out the solstice led? They have a separate driver to drive 3 lights that run at 90w a piece. Was wondering if any of you tried looking into that one. Hhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-270W-LED-SOLSTICE-TRIPLE-GROW-LIGHT-HYDROPONIC-/130468397674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6085c26aere is a link.

Would be cool to see what this one works like too.
Aloha and happy healing. PL.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I currently am not being paid to be their botanist. I do it for free on my own time in my own space.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Brandon if your end goal is to get the thing marketed--your best foot forward is going to be convincing your CEO's to facilitate testing by an impartial 3rd party.

Testing from within always turns up pretty numbers. That isn't to suggest that you'd doctor any data or results--it's just saying that we wouldn't expect to hear a negative case (i.e. in this same situation if the light was a failure, you'd likely say nothing to us).

So out of all the cases we hear, just statistically speaking--some of it is going to be bullshit. People are wary enough on LED as it is, and it doesn't help when the guy singing the praises works for the company (as he very very often does in this industry).

Even if your story is innocent and true, it's not new and so it doesn't immediately and without question seem that way.

I hope you're right about this product, but if you really want to make it a success--this is what it will take.

(For the record, I grow with LED and do not work for any manufacturer of grow products)
We have lent out our lights, time lapse cameras and other testing equipment, on several occasions and have never gotten back data (from this light). I am taking it upon myself to do the testing. They did not choose me. I am not getting paid by anyone to do the testing. I don't make any more money if these lights sell. There are no percs coming from the company, to me, besides me being able to use their equipment to supply my patients with the best medicine I can produce. In the end, the time lapse videos will be all the proof needed. It won't matter who is doing the testing if you have hard proof like that.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I am testing out the GL700 for Light Beam Industries. I am a legal med grower/patient/caregiver that has always used 1000w HPS on my indoors, until now and am just blown away by LEDs. I don't get paid for testing out the light. I don't get to keep the light. I am just blessed to work for a local company that could lend me $50,000+ in equipment and in return report all test data to them. There is no advertisement. They just released it and are not putting much effort into getting it out there. I believe this light is the best out there and have taken it upon myself to inform others about this light, about LEDs and related technologies.

Is 50k worth of equipment only lighting? And how much do you intend on yielding from this $50k worth of lighting? Would suck if you like these lights and than don't get to keep them...lol
Would you actually go spend $50k just on lights if they outyield the HPS? Or presented a slightly better quality? Or would you sell your meds for more cause they were LED grown?
Can you even afford to break even with this light setup in a year?

And, last but not least, do you show us pics or just keep posting about how great this stuff is???

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Is 50k worth of equipment only lighting? And how much do you intend on yielding from this $50k worth of lighting? Would suck if you like these lights and than don't get to keep them...lol
Would you actually go spend $50k just on lights if they outyield the HPS? Or presented a slightly better quality? Or would you sell your meds for more cause they were LED grown?
Can you even afford to break even with this light setup in a year?

And, last but not least, do you show us pics or just keep posting about how great this stuff is???
Definitely not just lighting. Aero and aero/hydro hybrid set ups, building equipment, pumps, fans, air pumps, water resevoirs, mounting kits, nutrients, power cords, power strips, controllers, timers, all sorts of testing equipment... The list goes on and on, everything from lights to twine. I have never had $50k so its hard to say. Personally, would I rather grow with the LEDs than HPS? Of course I would. Selling meds is illegal on a federal level and not permitted in the state of Oregon. Would I accept a larger donation at the local medical marijuana clubs? Yes. Can I or anyone afford to break even after one year? Yes, but that depends on the grower, how many cycles, the genetics, the strain, the nutrients you use, the grow medium, how long you veg the plants and how you choose to turn a profit off of something that is federally illegal.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Wow. At 2500 a pop, that can be painful to the beginner. How many watts does that 700 pull of the wall? What is the core footprint for that light? How heavy is that beast? Looks like a gnarly light.

Has anyone ever checked out the solstice led? They have a separate driver to drive 3 lights that run at 90w a piece. Was wondering if any of you tried looking into that one. Hhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-270W-LED-SOLSTICE-TRIPLE-GROW-LIGHT-HYDROPONIC-/130468397674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6085c26aere is a link.

Would be cool to see what this one works like too.
Aloha and happy healing. PL.

Please send an email to [email protected] and I will send you a brochure

How many watts does that 700 pull of the wall?
660W to 700W (depending on operating conditions.)

What is the core footprint for that light?
29 1/8' X 22 3/4' X 15 1/8' (L X W X H)

How heavy is that beast?
37.5 pounds

Top Bottom