What Light Should I Use?

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Omerta

Omerta

I have a 125w CFL grow light that's in use 24/7. my plant is 5 weeks and a day old. I topped and took clones yesterday. According to others it looks healthy, but I'm wondering when I should put in my t5 4x4' light. And I have either blue or red t5s and when should plug those in.
For my clones i have a CFL 23w 5000k bulb and a 19w 5000k 24in led strip light.
I have 2 x 4' 54w 5000k duel led shop lights. When should I put them in the mix?

-I seek the wisdom and knowledge of those who have it, for I do not-
Omerta

What light should i use
What light should i use 2
What light should i use 3
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You will want to use more blues during veg growth...something around 5000K or above is usually sufficient to add the blue colors that they use more of. Once you switch to flowering, swap a couple of the blues out for reds (below 2500K if you can find them) and you should be good. Blues for growth, reds for flowering, although a mix is best, IMHO. I think I get better results when using mostly reds with a little blue during flowering, the opposite during growth.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You will want to use more blues during veg growth...something around 5000K or above is usually sufficient to add the blue colors that they use more of. Once you switch to flowering, swap a couple of the blues out for reds (below 2500K if you can find them) and you should be good. Blues for growth, reds for flowering, although a mix is best, IMHO. I think I get better results when using mostly reds with a little blue during flowering, the opposite during growth.

Be careful, though. Too much blue in flower is a great way to get hermies

Homesteader

Homesteader

Interesting mix of fauna in your grow room. Why are you growing dandelions though? Just curious. I see Garlic , an onion and plantango major.

hillbil

hillbil

Under counter LED lights and LED shop light replacements are over 100 lumens per watt and I am sure some will be flowering with several together.

Omerta

Omerta

Interesting mix of fauna in your grow room. Why are you growing dandelions though? Just curious. I see Garlic , an onion and plantango major.

Gives me something to do. Also I harvest the seeds through the winter to spread them in the spring, I was growing them for tea and salads but they are a resource suck... I'm going to be ripping them out after these last bloom out though. Need room for medecine plants! Lol.

Omerta

Omerta

I also have Jalapeno peppers and yarrow and sedum, rosemary, parsley and something I'm not sure about... I pulled it in to identify... but it isn't maturing and I cant identify... I'm not willing to put it in a bigger pot of soil cuz I have clones to put in soil next week... if they root. So I water it and it live on. Lol. Maybe somebody can ID it.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Gives me something to do. Also I harvest the seeds through the winter to spread them in the spring, I was growing them for tea and salads but they are a resource suck... I'm going to be ripping them out after these last bloom out though. Need room for medecine plants! Lol.
Soooooo..You're the one responsible for all that yellow crap growing in my spring lawn every year!!!!:badboy:
LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Lol, Hey they are a super food, the English brought them over with them to America because it is a valuable plant.
I was just joking a bit..but comes spring..they are so super..they are very hard to kill! The only successful killing was done my a new puppy last year..LOL

Omerta

Omerta

Ya I believe short of puppy's and chemicals, they have to be dug out or the ground sterilized through a 2 year plastic ground cover... process... they are a force to be reckoned with if you dont want them.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
First time I ever heard this one. :)
When I first started growing I had some flourescent shop lights I threw in to supplement my plants. The branches that were only getting light from the flourescents started to herm. I could be wrong but as soon as I pulled them out they stopped producing seeds on those branches. It may have been due to light depravation not getting enough light, but yeah.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Be careful, though. Too much blue in flower is a great way to get hermies
I don’t agree.. but I’m open minded. Genetics play the biggest part as far as herm tendencies.. next would be light leaks/light schedule f&@k ups IMO. I know guys who use 10000k finishing bulbs for last week or two.. never tried that, but I love some blue in my flower and am considering a 6500k for finishing and 5000k during stretch. I run mh/hps/ghetto led/Cfls. If there s evidence to back what your saying I’m sure open to read it. Post it up. Haven’t had any herms since I stopped growing bag seed years ago, but I’m always down to take extra precautions.

Top Bottom