what lights should i use to veg with.

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

i like to start out by saying thanks to all who helped me in my previous threads. i was going to go with 2 600w but decided to go with 2 1k's and needed to know what light setup i would/should use for veg. i wanted to go with hid's (for vegging) but from vigorous research i've learned that u can accomplish the same results with t5's being that they use less energy and save more money for other equipment; if i am wrong could you please stir me in the right direction. if t5's are the way to go what setup what i need? and how many plants can i fit under that setup? thank you all for your time.

Online, I live the fantasy of a pot head. Everything I say is just for my amusement and pure fiction. The pictures I post are found all over the internet.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

T5's work great 4 veg.. I got a 4ft 8 bulb t5 if fits perfact in my 4X4 tent.. I've veged 9 big Alien Dogs in my tent around 2-2 1/2 feet tall & super bushy.. U can pack as many as u want under a t5... But I veged this last round under a 1000 watt & they grew faster.. Both ways work great.. The t5 would b way cheaper tho.. Juss a Lil bit slower then the 1000

catdaddy

catdaddy

MakingGoo thanks for all ur help, u have been very helpful. how long will ill be able to veg with the t5? do you think the switch from the 2 600w to the 2 1k's was a bad idea? or should i had went with 3 600w and used one of them along with the t5 for veg?

Online, I live the fantasy of a pot head. Everything I say is just for my amusement and pure fiction. The pictures I post are found all over the internet.

G

grnmountainboy

what is all the fantasy shit at the bottom of your page? are you really a grower? just leaving that there to throw the cops off?

darkmatter

darkmatter

get a 1000 digital that dials down to lower numbers and you can use different bulbs hps/mh in them,and in the grand scheme of things doesnt mater witch type bulb only that it bright enough to grow a plant right,and its not a bad idea to get a t5 also for small plants clones.the 1000dig, is the best match for your 2 flower lights.that will give you a good range, as your veg room changes,it will take some extra money to cool and vent right,but a hid will put better plants under your flower lights.both are usefull to me

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The veg time under the t5 would b up 2 the strain ur running.. Some plants veg slow like bubba kush & some veg super fast like White Bubba, Cherry Pie, White Fire.. I've kept my Alien Dogs under the T5 for almost 2 months well my flowering room finished flowering my other plants.. I think ur two 1000 watts r a great idea I love my digital 1000 watt it's super mega bright & I can turn down the watts 2 600 & 400 so when I make the change from t5 it's real eazy on my babies cuz I turn down the light to 400 watts 4 a day or 2 then up the watts 2 600 then I turn it 2 1000 watts & my plants love it..
I used 2 run a 600 & they work great cuz u can really lower the light on ur plants & they run super kool.. But now that I've tryed the 1000 I'm never lookin back..

catdaddy

catdaddy

thanks once again to all for making my experience as a newbie very inspiring as well as very enlightening. Magoo that setup you describe is one that im definitely considering so if dont mind me asking what type of vent. ie fan & hood would u suggest?

Latest posts

Top Bottom