What Lights To Use When Popping Seeds?

• Thread starter MountainMama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MountainMama

MountainMama

We have planted some seeds in seedling mix. They are already popping up after 3 days. At the moment we have them under a 2 bulb 4' 32W T8 shop light. It seems like every article I read on germinating seeds recommends a different kind of light as well as a different placement. I would love to hear what you have done, what has worked for you, what hasn't. Thank you!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I like t5's 4" away from the plants. I get nice stout seedlings that dont flop over
I'm with @G gnome I pop all my seedlings under 326 W of HO T-5s keeping the lights 4" from canopy. I also use a small fan to keep some circulation moving around. Tight nodes and good growth this way........ Saves $$$ not having to veg with MH. Then when ready for flower they go under HPS for bloom.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm with @G gnome I pop all my seedlings under 326 W of HO T-5s keeping the lights 4" from canopy. I also use a small fan to keep some circulation moving around. Tight nodes and good growth this way........ Saves $$$ not having to veg with MH. Then when ready for flower they go under HPS for bloom.
I thought as I reread this today I should clarify. I harden them off as I transition from T-5's to HPS. I ease em in over 3-5 days before they really get blasted. I believe it creates less stress this way.

MountainMama

MountainMama

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate your time :)

Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

personally.. I blast my seedlings with 8 bulb T5.... bout 8 to 10 inches off the canopy. nice tight growth were you need it..

Top Bottom