What makes a good bong?

• Thread starter bluemaco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluemaco

Hey guiseeeeee, I normally smoke with papers but I now want to buy a bong!

What do you guys suggest I look out for? Any preferred brands. styles etc?

Money is not an issue.

Thanks guiseeeee!!

:)

Venom818

Venom818

Money is not an issue.

Thanks guiseeeee!!

I personally love ROOR but Toro seems like dudes are going for these days

B

bluemaco

Thanks Venom.
Also, I'll have to see if anywhere in London sells these.

E

ent

what makes for a good bong for me is high flow, low volume, no splashback and lots and lots of diffusion.

it really depends on how much you want to spend and what you are looking for but you can't go wrong with a toro or a sovereignty. there are literally dozens of heady glass blowers and lots of new innovative designs continue to come out. if you're looking for function steve at sovereignty is really on the cutting edge. there are a lot of great artists with their own niche designs, if you like sculpting check out salt, if you like very artistic pieces with a ton of intricate designs check out ak and sarah (they are married and do similar work)- if you like line work check out fro...the list goes on.

i haven't seen any roor glass since they cut off their .us supplier, but the stuff from germany is always top notch.

B

bluemaco

Thanks Ent, I'll check them out!

So these bongs are man made by skilled "glass makers" (don't know the correct job title, lol) or manufactured in a factory?

G

Green Supreme

Love the precision and easy smoking of a Roor.de. Peace GS

B

Beasters X Haze

I think what makes a good bong is that it's over $3k.. thats it

Blaze

Blaze

Airflow is all important. For brands I like Cherry Glass out of Eureka - many heads shops all over Cali carry their wares. They are affordable and extremely well made - by far the most solid and sturdy glass pieces one can buy.

F

FairyDust

RooR.de are still at the forefront of the industry, admittedly they need to incorporate percs, which they are in the process of doing, but barring that they are awesome. Toro holds it's own but if you want something real special grab some of the Steve Gelb, Freeek or MNP stuff. They are real arty pieces and still remain functional, but be warned they are expensive and guaranteed there will not be that many people out there with them, so I guess the question is how serious you are about your glass? Hope you find a killer dude

johnursery

johnursery

for me i look for a beaker style base as its much more sturdy, gotta have ice catcher notches, thick glass at LEAST 3mm, and last is that i look for somthing thats not to big i like 13 inch glass cause i dont wanna have to feel like i need to clear a huge chamber every time and its easy to clean, i like percs but i dont like cleaning them, i do like diffuser stems and big bowls that a nug can sit in not on, and last is im looking for nice glass on glass pull carb action...everyones different but thats what i like

T

tristan09

Money is not an issue.

Thanks guiseeeee!!

i think anything with more compartments for water in different places makes it better, and glass on glass, but im like you i dont really know much

Z

Zombielicous

It needs to be made of glass, the rest is all personal taste.

420king-MASSES

honestly what makes a good bong imvho is if you digg it

M

mkgoodbuddy420

Best Bongs around

US TUBES ALL THE WAY, made in Berkely, the thickest joints around at 18mm! and 9 mm thick glass. Cali Made yall. and I know where to get em.

Bong
Bongs1
Stems
M

mkgoodbuddy420

Best and thickest bongs around

US TUBES, Made in Cali. 9 mm thick glass and 18 mm thick joints, Ive kicked my beaker over onto tile bathroom floor, and it broke... THE TILE!!! not a mark on the bong. LMAO. there are a few shops in CA that carry them, but so do I.. Lol

Bongs1
Stems
Giddeon

Giddeon

I must say my round bottom 9mil us tubes with the ash catcher is the favorite in my collection. Basic and it gets the job done.

^^^^ I'd hate to think you were just here to advertise your glass shop.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
US Tubes

If I had such nice glass I would keep it clean, I clean mine before each use. Thats why an average bong only lasts me a few months, one good tink on the sink and goodbye bong. I have found them a few hours from the house(US Tubes) and when I get a chance I'll have a bong that will last living with me hopefully indefinitely. Nice Bongs

mal

Giddeon

Giddeon

If I had such nice glass I would keep it clean, I clean mine before each use. Thats why an average bong only lasts me a few months, one good tink on the sink and goodbye bong. I have found them a few hours from the house(US Tubes) and when I get a chance I'll have a bong that will last living with me hopefully indefinitely. Nice Bongs

mal

I've dropped my ash catcher from about 4' and it didn't break. And I have dropped the main piece in the tub while cleaning it and It didn't break. This might be the glass you are looking for

Top Bottom