BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
All great info. Great read. Thanks.
Burnz

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm a hydro grower but this kinda covers all scenarios. In the past this is what I have done.

I usually drop my ppm to 300ish for the last week. I realize this is not just a simple task in soil so I can see why the flush is longer and only water. I will be dropping the ppm if I go back to RDCW even a bit more for the last week or so.

Personally I think some ppl have information a bit wrong on nutrient uptake but I won't get into that. I feel it's the overabundance of nutrients as a whole that impacts flavor (some more than others). Derived from organic or synthetic makes no difference imo.

I think it's important to have a healthy plant going into flush or in hydro very reduced feeding as it's these stored nutrients that are going to mostly sustain the plant during this process.

By flushing we are trying to ensure the plant is not taking up more than it needs. Personally I think small amount of immobile nutrients like calcium should still be provided in hydro... Not so much in soil as they should be there. Even though calcium is minimally mobile.

By limiting the mobile nutrients we force the plant to pull from the leaves only what they need and therefore reducing the risk of an over abundance of nutrients in the bud during that last crucial bit of swelling.

So IMO we are not trying to have the plant use up all its nutrients or draw nutrients out of the bud but rather use its stored nutrients because the plant will pull as much as needed and no more from the leaves. This giving us best chance not to have excess nutrients in our bud. So it's important IMO going into flush to have a healthy plant because we also don't want to lose that growth that we get in the last week.

I'm sure as time goes on I may change my opinions bit this is kinda the way I see with my current knowledge.

Taurid

Taurid

Hi, pretty much a noob, but, was able to grow same strain, one with regular fox farm trio and calmag, with the addition of Humboldt's Tree Trunk..silica. Buds were twice as dense with the tree trunk, plant also didn't flop over with the buds.

GG
XCheesePlease

XCheesePlease

So we've got indica strain, proper feeding, and sufficient light. I have to agree with those. To which I'll add some more. First, on the light component, it must be intense, well reflected, and with as full a spectrum as possible with an emphasis on the red/orange portion. More on proper feeding coming right up.

Next, an article in CC magazine that I found to be very helpful when learning to grow bigger denser buds indoors.

Also, big healthy green leaves are crucial to making big dense buds.

1. Never remove a leaf from the plant, unless the leaf is already about to fall off on it's own due to over-maturity(or accidental/premature death). Pruning shade leaves to increase light reaching lower buds is not a wise choice. You will never make up for the loss of production to the top of the plant from whatever may be gained on the lower part. The answer to that is to provide sufficient lighting to the lower buds, optimal reflectivity is the best way to get more light to the lower parts of the plant. Or just remove them from the plant(why you would is another argument really, so I won't be addressing it here, but I don't recommend it either). Light loses intensity/strength based on distance from the source. So you gain relatively little from doing anything except moving the source closer to the plant, or vise versa. Leaves serve a very important purpose in maintaining plant health and vigor. Buds are not going to efficiently feed themselves without them. LEAVES ARE BUD FEEDERS, NOT BUD FOOD!

2. Never flush. Pre-harvest flushing is such a fat dense bud killer it's not even funny. Just in the hopes of getting a better flavored smoking material. Which you won't. It may actually worsen the flavor, density, smokability, and/or potency of the buds. MINIMALLY you will lose harvested/dried weight. You're essentially starving the plant to death. When you should be feeding it what it needs to grow the BIGGEST DENSEST buds at the point in it's life cycle when that's exactly what it wants to do. Yes, I know the article mentions it, but I don't see that as a recommendation. Just how to incorporate the method, if desired. Which you should desire not, trust me. Much foolishness. Mother Nature, the best grower in the universe, doesn't flush her plants, and nor should you. AND IT WILL ACTUALLY INCREASE INTERNODE LENGTH/STRETCH, GUARANTEED!!!

Lastly, stems. Bigger, denser, heavier buds also need bigger thicker stems to pipe in all the nutritional building blocks used to make them, and to help support their weight. While controlling internode length is very effective at improving density, providing a simulated breeze of adequate strength is THE ONLY non-nutritional way to build a larger-diameter/sturdier stem structure. When the plant grows to resist the forces of wind it will naturally respond to it by thickening it's stems/branches. This benefits the buds come flowering time by allowing them to grow much larger and/or faster. In this sense you can force the plant to grow as if it were older, taller, and/or heavier than it really is. You also will have less need to support the plant by manual methods(stakes, strings, cages, etc.)
That does not sound smart, I bet you don't flush your toilet.

XCheesePlease

XCheesePlease

tobacco farmers don't flush, veggie farmers don't flush. if you don't go crazy with additives and super high ec's, the only reason to flush is for color, and i don't smoke weed for its color!
So dumb, 2 completely different things lol.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Veggie farmers definitely flush. Excess nitrogen lowers crop values by lowering sugars, oils and shelf life. Same applies to pot, hence the marriage of unflushed weed and boveda packs. Some people just don't get it...

Too many uneducated people making shit up on these forums. If your bud dries in less days than my defoliated fan leaves do, you really shouldn't spread bad info.. Too many people smoking wet unflushed nutrient smelling "gas" these days.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Veggie farmers definitely flush. Excess nitrogen lowers crop values by lowering sugars, oils and shelf life. Same applies to pot, hence the marriage of unflushed weed and boveda packs. Some people just don't get it...

Too many uneducated people making shit up on these forums. If your bud dries in less days than my defoliated fan leaves do, you really shouldn't spread bad info.. Too many people smoking wet unflushed nutrient smelling "gas" these days.
Still waiting to see your magical herbs..

growsince79

growsince79

Genetics. Perfect light, temp and nutes won't make dense buds unless the genetics are there.

dbrzz

dbrzz

So i'm interrested as i'm sure everyone is on how to get dense buds? Is it a strain dependant thing,a light thing or a fertalizer thing lol?I only have about 2 grows (complete,from seed to chop)under my belt so limited experience as of now but those 2 grows the bud was good but came out after the dry stringy ,light and u can definately see thru and see the stem .How do i corect this i would love to have the beatiful full swollen dense buds that i have grown to love and see on here that makes my mouth water lol Please this winter grow coming up i would love to be all around happy with my efforts.Please can yall experienced growers school me a little :sign0065:
ty yall
Grow temperatures in the high 70’s and maximum light is most important for huge buds. All the best nutrients wont make big fat buds with marginal lighting.

growsince79

growsince79

Grow temperatures in the high 70’s and maximum light is most important for huge buds. All the best nutrients wont make big fat buds with marginal lighting.
I see super dense buds grown under as little as 30k lux. I never saw a Colombian make a dense bud no matter how much light it gets.

Top Bottom