What makes ph perfect perfect?

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

Before we get any further I don't use AN I'm not considering AN and yes big mike and gino can suck it.

Now for the question:what makes ph perfect, well ph perfect? Is it simply all the nuts just coming out in the correct ph when mixed with acceptable h2o? Or is it more like already added sea green (humic folvic and aminos and microbes? )

Has anyone diyd this shit?

surfguitar

surfguitar

Seems pretty interesting, maybe just a ph buffer like caco3 and lots of humic/fulivc acid?

I think the organic soil guys already DIY'd it, it's called a good soil mix ;)

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Surf you are partly correct. The solutions have to be buffered. This is done by putting a conjugate of the acid or base they are trying to buffer. CaCO3 makes a good buffer because it can act as both an acid and a base. While CaCO3 may be used I am sure there are more ingredients as the nutrients themselves consist of multiple compounds.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Before we get any further I don't use AN I'm not considering AN and yes big mike and gino can suck it.

Now for the question:what makes ph perfect, well ph perfect? Is it simply all the nuts just coming out in the correct ph when mixed with acceptable h2o? Or is it more like already added sea green (humic folvic and aminos and microbes? )

Has anyone diyd this shit?
@cam. I use pH perfect both sensi grow and bloom regular as well as the new coco line. I have been using them for a while with great results. However the claim is to never have to bother with pH and I could never ever just say OK nutes are mixed now dump them in. I still pH to 5.7 5.8 for my coco and hempys. And 6.0 for my promix. I have never had negative results doing so. I find that after adding a+b be it grow or bloom and some additives and letting it sit I end up around 5.4 5.5. Obviously thats pretty close to on the money but not close enough for me to just leave it. Maybe I will run a clone without phing and see if I run into problems. Actually I am going to jump on ur thread and let u know what happens. If u don't mind.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Don't mind at all in fact a big fan of thread tangents as they tend to uncover more questions

J

jfizzle2cmu2

Their raw ingredients list just says proprietary blend of pH balancing and pH stabilizing compounds. But there are also the amino and humid acids so I'm guessing your all about on the money. Probably just a heavy dose of both pH uppers and downers balanced to come out to 5.6ish, dependeng on water supply, in addition to those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom