What Makes Up A Stellar Stud For Breeding?

• Thread starter Funtcas3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

Not to call BS on anyone here, but do male plants actually produce trichomes? I only ask because I recently flowered out a male, and saw nothing but pollen... No smell but chlorophyll either for that matter... Anyone have some pics of trich heads on male plants so I know what to look for?
I'll post some for ya tomorrow.. My skunk 1 x yeti male is full of frost

H

happy b

Some males are frosty . for example obsoul33t found a plant that had trichs AS A SEEDLING that turned out to be a male . the male spawned a whole line of plants called alien tech (i think that's right . If wrong please correct me) and a whole load of drama started from this male . But as you said all you saw was pollen on your male that's why frosty males are desirable.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Some males are frosty . for example obsoul33t found a plant that had trichs AS A SEEDLING that turned out to be a male . the male spawned a whole line of plants called alien tech (i think that's right . If wrong please correct me) and a whole load of drama started from this male . But as you said all you saw was pollen on your male that's why frosty males are desirable.
The story I read somewhere was that the Alien Tech was brought home from a solider during his tour in Afghanistan or something rather. I think they said it was a hp. Love the colorful stories behind all the different cuts :)

indicabush

indicabush

The story I read somewhere was that the Alien Tech was brought home from a solider during his tour in Afghanistan or something rather. I think they said it was a hp. Love the colorful stories behind all the different cuts :)

That's true (soldier)...it's a landrace strain.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Maybe you can reverse a male and use that as an indicator? Just a thought, might work. I've never reversed a male before, but if it gave calyxes, it might give you an idea as to what traits he may potentially pass to his daughters?

H

happy b

Yes it's a landrace afghan I believe . thers cats on here who know the whole story . I'm not sure on the details.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

This thread sounded like fun, thought I would play along too.

I have 3 different strains of males, multiples of each, so I figured since I already know which ones I'm keeping.

I thought you guys could see which ones you'd pick, I can fill you in on everything about these fellers as we go but first a group shot of everyone, categorized of course.

From L to R
3 Blue Alien, 3 White WidowX Berry Bomb, and last is 4 BOGGLEGUM

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

It would depend on what traits you're selecting for and even then, might not get what you expect, but might get something better than you were expecting too.

What traits are you after and what female will you be taking the pollen to?

Maybe try picking 2 you like and hitting one female with both their pollen, seems popular these days.

Shamus

Shamus

Not to call BS on anyone here, but do male plants actually produce trichomes? I only ask because I recently flowered out a male, and saw nothing but pollen... No smell but chlorophyll either for that matter... Anyone have some pics of trich heads on male plants so I know what to look for?

here ya go.. a frosty male about 2 weeks into flower

86 skunk x yeti F3 AKA roach bud

Last edited:
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Smoke the male.
If he get you high and tastes good then you're on to something
Of course sometimes that means nothing, could be covered in trichs and stone you out but then you find out its a recessive trait.

Progeny testing

Shamus

Shamus

Smoke the male.
If he get you high and tastes good then you're on to something
Of course sometimes that means nothing, could be covered in trichs and stone you out but then you find out its a recessive trait.

Progeny testing
smoke what part of it? flower clusters?

isnt burning pollen kinda bad for he lungs of nah?

primordial

primordial

Grow the male to full maturity, dry/cure then remove pollen sacs and then run triched trim through bubble bags then smoke or cook with said concentrate. Of course testing progeny is number 1.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

smoke what part of it? flower clusters?

isnt burning pollen kinda bad for he lungs of nah?

yeah, you want to be smoking pollen
grow tips or if you can catch the male "buds" soon enough I've smoked those

I had a male NL once that put two of us down for the count
There is at least 1 person here that can vouch for what I smoke so.....

symbiote420

symbiote420

Sam Skunkman is always talking about his method of reversing males and smoking them.... doesn't make any sense to me when you can smoke on a female's flowers all day and still not know what she'll pass on to her babies! Now to repeat what others have said "grow the progeny out!" lol

Top Bottom