What material let's through air but not light??

• Thread starter KushMarine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMarine

I am in the process of building a closet grow with two Hydrofarm Daystar hoods mounted in two seperate chambers. I have the two lights ducted together with a 500cfm fan and 6" ducts. The problem I am having is the veg chamber is letting light into the bud chamber. The only thing I can think of is to find some sort of material I can mount in the holes in the hood to block the light but still let air through to cool the lights. The lights are pretty much mounted side by side with about a 2" gap in the middle for the seperating wall in the chamber. I won't be able to raise and lower my lights due to the short duct work inside the chambers so I'm going to have my flood tables hanging from chains to raise and lower.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

You could use a pair of back to back 90 degree elbows to make an "S" trap to block the light. Painting the inside of your duct flat black will also further help block the light.

K

KushMarine

I thought of this. Not enough room between the lights

J

Jalisco Kid

If you have 2 inches you can make a 1" thick by as wide as you can go chamber run the air down,cut hole, build the same on the other side and run your air out the top into your other light. JK

symbiote420

symbiote420

They sell a product called Dust Shroom, google that!

J

Jsän

same thing i was thinking JK. lower the veg hood, (plants are smaller anyways) to allow for an S trap. make sure the fan is mounted highest and pulling though both chambers.

the standard light trap would also work. 6" duct coupler, 2/3 covered on both ends with aluminum tape.

Pics?

____

K

KushMarine

I can't lower the light they have to be next to each other. Not enough room to bend the duct connecting the two lights. I'm going to make a light trap with three 6" circles of thin aluminum painted flat black with 2/3 cut off of each. I'll wrap thin aluminum around the three alternating circles and epoxy the whole thing together. Sounds like it should work. It will reduce the flow going across the lights but I don't think it will raise temps too had. I have a 800 cfm 8" fan mounted on top of a canfilter in a sealed box in my attic. There is a 6" duct sucking from the top of each chamber into the box filter the air and returning it to the room the closet is in. There are light tight vents on the side of each chamber. I stood inside of each chamber and they both have a very steady gently spread out flow throughout the whole box.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

the standard light trap would also work. 6" duct coupler, 2/3 covered on both ends with aluminum tape.

Can you be more specific? I'm trying to figure out how to build a light trap in a small space and am looking for all of the out-of-the-box solutions I can find...

Latest posts

Top Bottom