What Nute Line Are You Using? How Does It Stack Up Against Previous Nute Lines You've Used?

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Nutes you are currently using

• Total voters
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I did veg with AN Sensi grow.
It did veg nice. But too expensive to run.
Now I'm running Hydroponic Research Veg A+B HD formula. With +Size from week 3-7.
I have used most on the list. Too expensive when you start comparing ml per Gallon or cost of nutrients per pound.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I had been using FoxFarm forever, way more expensive than it should be but, I keep a fairly small grow and I never did actually run the full line. It was ok and I did ok with it but, it seems like I never really did get it dialed in at all, seems I was always flying by the seat of my pants, and I want much better than ok. I just made the switch to the Jungle Juice 3-part from AN, also using Cal-Mag and Humboldt's Secret, it's too soon to say for sure but, it does seem good so far, fingers crossed.

geori

geori

I am just now giving the Fox Farm line a go..

Like mentioned above, doses seem to be all over the place. I am having a hard time figuring out exactly which of, and how much doses of the nutes I should be using. I just flipped a couple photos to 12/12, and for now am just feeding the Grow Big at 5 ml per gallon. What's next and when, ya got me... I am also going a bit by the seat of my pants.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I love Heavy16.
It's on the expensive side, BUT it's ease of use and final product all make it worth it to me.
I don't even have to think about pH.
I don't have to worry about deficiencies or salt build up.
I use the complete line and I use the heaviest feeding schedule at 75% strength.
I add GreatWhite, aspirin, silicone and molasses a few times each grow because of personal preference.
IMG 20151206 141056

MGRox

MGRox

Suppose I prefer ******* **** as it contains **** along with other forms. Though I also use other nutes to compliment this. Guess I can't say that the largest / oldest leaves are as healthy at pull as when on NO3 lines; but it's a fair trade for potentially 10-15% more yield and alteration to potency @ only 5 cent per gallon.

Guess I've tested every elements toxicity and deficiency point individually and at differing points of maturity. IMHO, most differences you may see with different lines (strictly npk /base) often may relate more to the pH drift / stability of the line vs its' actual NPK values. Some mediums / setups / environments will serve better with a nute that drifts up and will have better results with those lines. Other mediums / setups / environments will serve better with nute that does not drift; or even drifts down slightly.

If I had to pick only a line in the industry....Suppose I'd say Nova or Maxi series from GH. Cheap, works, low ph drift. (wasteful levels of P in bloom formulas though).

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Im using AN on FFOF, but only cause someone else is buying and thats what they want to see me run right now. I have used it before tho.
I mixed my own nutes for a while while using coco.
Ran botanicare on FFOF when i started growing a while ago.

I made all of them work for me and all had pros and cons.

AN - expensive! works well tho if have an idea of what your doing.
Raw Salts - Cheap! worked good as any other nute, learned about salt build up pushing the limits tho lol.
Botanicare - Quality! but not the best weight. Started here was a good no fail plan but left more to be desired in performance. slowest veg ever lol. Wouldnt mind trying them now again that im more experienced.

Over all I liked the salts cause they were cheap and i got the same results i think as any bottles i have used. needs more testing, more smoking tho.

Afghi

Afghi

I have been using earth juice for a couple years now with no complaints. I know EJ seem's to get a lot of hate from some people and some people love it. The reason i initially started to use it was before i started to grow on my own a few years back i was growing with a partner in my house maybe 15 years ago. Back then we were growing an amazing afghi plant which had the best, and strongest smell i have ever smelled in a bud. So when i started to grow for myself 3 or so years back i figured i would stick with what worked good before. Now i use the earth juice original grow and bloom, along with the earth juice xatalyst (black strap molasses), and just recently picked up some meta-k for a potassium booster. I also have on hand some alaskan fish fertilizer, guano's, calmg, and a few odds and ends that i will sometimes add once or twice throughout the grow. I have my earth juice dialed in nicely these day's and i never seem to have any real leaf issues anymore. I have been growing the rockstar kush from med man and the stuff has a very pungent, skunky type smell and i have seen this strain grown with different nutes. I have seen it grown using botanicare and the difference in smell from the EJ to the botanicare is very noticable. The smell seem's to be masked with the botanicare. Perhaps the yield's aren't quite as good with EJ than with some other hydro nutes out there, but for me i would sacrifice a bit of yield for quality. The EJ is fairly cheap as well, you can get a gallon for under $50, i don't know what some of the hydro nutes cost but i alway's hear how expensive they are. The earth juice does drop your ph as well, maybe thats another reason some people don't like it, but if you bubble your mix first it will raise your ph so you don't have to use as much ph up. Anyhow, im just saying the stuff work's great for my need's and alway's deliver's a problem free crop of some very stinky buds. If anyone is using earth juice or thinking of trying it and want's some help dialing it in let me know and i can give you a very helpful chart that helped me a lot.

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

Tried v&b but didn't like how it sat in the rez, looked all Sandy and would not dissolve all the way almost looked like a cup or 2 of sand in the bottom of rez, was super easy and plants looked healthy but didn't like sand in my drip lines. I use heavy 16 full line up and love it!!

M

mulehunter

I have been using earth juice for a couple years now with no complaints. I know EJ seem's to get a lot of hate from some people and some people love it. The reason i initially started to use it was before i started to grow on my own a few years back i was growing with a partner in my house maybe 15 years ago. Back then we were growing an amazing afghi plant which had the best, and strongest smell i have ever smelled in a bud. So when i started to grow for myself 3 or so years back i figured i would stick with what worked good before. Now i use the earth juice original grow and bloom, along with the earth juice xatalyst (black strap molasses), and just recently picked up some meta-k for a potassium booster. I also have on hand some alaskan fish fertilizer, guano's, calmg, and a few odds and ends that i will sometimes add once or twice throughout the grow. I have my earth juice dialed in nicely these day's and i never seem to have any real leaf issues anymore. I have been growing the rockstar kush from med man and the stuff has a very pungent, skunky type smell and i have seen this strain grown with different nutes. I have seen it grown using botanicare and the difference in smell from the EJ to the botanicare is very noticable. The smell seem's to be masked with the botanicare. Perhaps the yield's aren't quite as good with EJ than with some other hydro nutes out there, but for me i would sacrifice a bit of yield for quality. The EJ is fairly cheap as well, you can get a gallon for under $50, i don't know what some of the hydro nutes cost but i alway's hear how expensive they are. The earth juice does drop your ph as well, maybe thats another reason some people don't like it, but if you bubble your mix first it will raise your ph so you don't have to use as much ph up. Anyhow, im just saying the stuff work's great for my need's and alway's deliver's a problem free crop of some very stinky buds. If anyone is using earth juice or thinking of trying it and want's some help dialing it in let me know and i can give you a very helpful chart that helped me a lot.
Im using ej bloom as an Attative to hydroponic research veg and bloom HD 2 weeks into flower little over 400 ppm Coco feed every night saltS stay very low, have not had to flush yet I add about 5 milliliters of Earth juice bloom Per 2 gallons of water plus other additives rotating them. should I go higher on the PPM's of Earth juic. Bloom

Afghi

Afghi

Im using ej bloom as an Attative to hydroponic research veg and bloom HD 2 weeks into flower little over 400 ppm Coco feed every night saltS stay very low, have not had to flush yet I add about 5 milliliters of Earth juice bloom Per 2 gallons of water plus other additives rotating them. should I go higher on the PPM's of Earth juic. Bloom

I think you can safely use more than 5ml per 2 gallon's for sure, although that is if you were just using earth juice, i can't say how much of the bloom you can safely use if you are mixing it with some hydro nutes. I will tell you that i started out like you using very low doses of most of my EJ product's and hsd problem's with my plant's yellowing too quickly from lack of nitrogen. After reading an article on EJ i realised that i was way underfeeding my plant's and started upping my dose quite a bit. Im just finishing up a batch right now and this time around i was feeding 30ml of grow during the veg period and never had much more than the tip's burning slightly on my plant's. I kept a record this time of exactly when i dropped off using my veg nutes so i can get it down to a science when exactly to cut out certain nutes. I had the problem before of underfeeding my nutes so my plant's would end up yellowing when i still had 3 or 4 week's left in flower, then i would end up giving some nitrogen but then i would fi d the plants holding on to too much nitrogen when tbeh were finished and i started thinking well if the plant's are focusing on wanting to produce greenery they aren't putting as much effort into ripening. I did this over and over even after telling myself every time i wasn't going to do it this time.. so now im keeping close record's of exactly when i do what, as i have been growing the same strain for a while now. This time around i have my plant's yellowing the way they should. I seem to learn stuff with every grow. Anyway's, i can't really advise you as how much to use of the bloom since you are mixing it. I have been giving my plant's up to 2 15ml shot's of bloom per gallon up until i stopped for the flush. If you ever decide to switch over to using earth juice fully let me know and i can find the article i first read that helped me out a lot

Natural

Natural

I spent a long time comparing BioBizz and General Organics. My opinion is this..
GO..
takes more PH up to reach optimal
takes more product to reach desired EC
produces better terps and buds tend to have a longer effect
BB..
more concentrated
takes less PH adjustment
produces less desirable terps../buzz seems to be somewhat shorter

Of course this is just another opinion and your results may vary. I found yields and bag appeal to be about equal in both lines. I attest the better buzz and better terps in the GO line to their more raw fish line and the abundance of sugars aka molasses. Scott's has bought out the line and I don't wish to continue my support. Going to try the V+B from Hydroponic Research with organic teas and see how that goes.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

I've started with the earth juice lineup as well.
Microblast
Catalyst
Grow
Bloom
Oilycann
Godsilica

Then 1 odd man out Neptune's harvest fish and seaweed fertilizer.

So far so good. I started misting them with a light dose from sprouts to keep the soil moist.
Never had any nutes burn. I see most people burn their plants as germinating seedlings.

Everything has been green and healthy.
And I am more than happy with their products so far. And man are they sold at a decent price.
No reason spending $100's more than you need to.

@jumpincactus recommended their line to me. I figured his smoke turned out great so why not give them a try? I'm glad I did. Would recommend to anyone.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Forgot to mention
I told an AN rep at last yrs cannabis cup to put his nutes where his mouth is and pony up a veg and nutes line. 15 mins later i had a box of nutes waiting for me. Unfortunately I've not had the chance to do a side by side as i seem to be always changing up things in my flower room. Plus I don't want to be let down if AN doesn't come thru like my regular nutes.

miko

miko

I switched from age old to nector with great results... Cost is higher, but not too bad. My batch costs about $300, but I am finding that's 3 months worth... So $100 a month and for me the key is simple... I measure 5 things and mix.... Done.

I recommend for those wanting healthy plants and simple way...

Top Bottom