What Nutes Are A Must?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

Hi guys I'm fairly new to growing. This is my second grow and my first one went awful, I never used nutes except in flower and in burned my plants. I would like to use nutes but have no idea what I need or how much of it. My current plants are 3 weeks and are sitting in 3 gal fox farm. Any advice on brand and what kind of nutes are essential is appreciated.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi guys I'm fairly new to growing. This is my second grow and my first one went awful, I never used nutes except in flower and in burned my plants. I would like to use nutes but have no idea what I need or how much of it. My current plants are 3 weeks and are sitting in 3 gal fox farm. Any advice on brand and what kind of nutes are essential is appreciated.
P and k are key for foxfarm grows. In veg you need water(6.8) basically ...then in flower you add some pk... and go 1/2 of what the bottle says... botanicare is fairly simple to get good results with and i like to dilute dry bloom boosters in flower.

justiceman

justiceman

If you want to use hydroponic nutrients you gotta have a PH pen and an EC meter. Simple is Best. Look up the Lucas Formula on google if you want more information on using these with ease.

Floranova bloom is good
GH micro/bloom is good
Maxibloom is good
Veg+Bloom is good

If you want to stay organic without the PH pen and EC meter you can simply score some liquid or dry bat guano high in P and K. With organic soil I like to veg my plants in a smaller container(maybe 1gal)and then transplant them into the final larger container(maybe 3gal)right before flower so they have fresh soil to munch on. That way you wont need much extra nutrition.

Less nutrients is more in FFOF it's fairly hot.

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

I'm not hyping anything every road gets you to the destination. But mills nutrients is where I put my money although I mix my own salts now.

But they offer a two part "base" used every feed this covers both veg and flower.
Then three "additives" however you only use one at a time. One is a root and nitrogen booster then there is an early bloom booster then a late bloom booster.
The last product they offer is vitalize a sacilic acid product which is optional.
Its also is cheaper than botanicare and several other lines

Betico

Betico

If you want to use hydroponic nutrients you gotta have a PH pen and an EC meter. Simple is Best. Look up the Lucas Formula on google if you want more information on using these with ease.

Floranova bloom is good
GH micro/bloom is good
Maxibloom is good
Veg+Bloom is good

If you want to stay organic without the PH pen and EC meter you can simply score some liquid or dry bat guano high in P and K. With organic soil I like to veg my plants in a smaller container(maybe 1gal)and then transplant them into the final larger container(maybe 3gal)right before flower so they have fresh soil to munch on. That way you wont need much extra nutrition.

Less nutrients is more in FFOF it's fairly hot.
Thanks for that. It helps, but I'm still confused on what all the ratios on those bottles mean. That's exactly what I did with these two plants. Just today I moved them to a 3gal smart pot

Betico

Betico

P and k are key for foxfarm grows. In veg you need water(6.8) basically ...then in flower you add some pk... and go 1/2 of what the bottle says... botanicare is fairly simple to get good results with and i like to dilute dry bloom boosters in flower.
What would you recommend for the p and k?

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks for that. It helps, but I'm still confused on what all the ratios on those bottles mean. That's exactly what I did with these two plants. Just today I moved them to a 3gal smart pot

Ah I see. Well good one on timing the transplant for flower. What size pot were they in before?

The ratios on the bottles stand for NPK(Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium). Those are the main macro nutrients for plant growth. they mainly give you an idea of whether a product is good for flowering or vegetation.

Example:
High Nitrogen numbers mean veg
(5-1-1)
High PK numbers mean flower
(0-3-2)

Heres my reccomendation to keep it extremely simple since you should have a good amount of food left in the new soil. Grab a quart of Roots Organics HPK and apply that 2x a week. If you start to see tip burn back off on the dose.

justiceman

justiceman

Good thoughts SpiderK

EWC tea(1 cup per 5gallons,1tsp unsulphered molasses per gallon) is a great way to cycle nutrients in soil and improve tje overall health of the soil thus improving the health of your plant.

Just grab an aquarium pump, and airstone, a stocking, and a 5gal bucket. Put the castings in the stocking. Tie a knot. Add the molasses and bubble for 24 hours. Your plants will love that.

M

MikeGreat

If you want to keep it simple get a bottle of FloraNova from GH and a Bottle of PK 13/14 and you are set... Inexpensive and effective for what you are trying to do..... Moab is another product that you can use as a PK boost at the right time with a simple base nutes and can increase your final yield....

spyrosrospy

spyrosrospy

Always keep it 1/4 of the suggested dosage. Even with "organics" nutrients (i used biobizz) many strains felt too hot when i went with the maximum dosages (sorry for my english, i am greek).

Top Bottom