What nutrients/additives NOT to combine with H2O2?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

After trying some organic nutrients in my drain-to-waste coco coir system, I added some H2O2 to the nutrient mix to clean things up. And it worked in that my reservoir is much cleaner since.

But ... at what cost? Specifically, what other nutrients or additives that one might use that get killed with any/some/enough (?) H2O2?

For instance, I hear H2O2 kills good bacteria as well as bad. What does that mean? What good stuff am I losing and what would be a symptom of that?

So, if H2O2 kills organics, it's probably a good idea for me to know what is an organic additive to start with. Here are some specific questions I hope can be answered.

Note: I haven't specified concentrations, which is probably critical. I've been adding no more than 25ml per 12 gallons of 33% food-grade peroxide. I don't know if this is a 'killer' mix.

So, does peroxide mean I should not use:
1. micorrhizae?
2. humic acid? (Diamond Nectar)
3. molasses?
4. Foxfarm Big Bloom? (I ask about this, because it is why my reservoir seemed so fouled up and why I used H2O2 in the first place).

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

After trying some organic nutrients in my drain-to-waste coco coir system, I added some H2O2 to the nutrient mix to clean things up. And it worked in that my reservoir is much cleaner since.

But ... at what cost? Specifically, what other nutrients or additives that one might use that get killed with any/some/enough (?) H2O2?

For instance, I hear H2O2 kills good bacteria as well as bad. What does that mean? What good stuff am I losing and what would be a symptom of that?

So, if H2O2 kills organics, it's probably a good idea for me to know what is an organic additive to start with. Here are some specific questions I hope can be answered.

Note: I haven't specified concentrations, which is probably critical. I've been adding no more than 25ml per 12 gallons of 33% food-grade peroxide. I don't know if this is a 'killer' mix.

So, does peroxide mean I should not use:
1. micorrhizae?
2. humic acid? (Diamond Nectar)
3. molasses?
4. Foxfarm Big Bloom? (I ask about this, because it is why my reservoir seemed so fouled up and why I used H2O2 in the first place).
Fox farm big bloom I don't think that is organic.
Peroxide kills bacteria good and bad. Your beneficial bacteria will die but just reinoculate . Also the molasses could cause anaerobic environment

Top Bottom