What nutrients are your personal favourite & why?

• Thread starter HI-GRAD3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HI-GRAD3

Hello all, i am a newbie grower who would like to know what nutrient's and/or feed's you consider your personal favourite and why?

Im sure there will be many other newbies and first time growers like myself asking the same question and hopefully this thread can help us in deciding what ones to use.

Please remember to include what type of grow system you use (Hydrophonic, Organic, Coco Coir, Micro Grow etc.) as some nutrients may or may not perform better using different systems.

Name :
Type :
Solution/Mix :
Pro's:
Con's:

Thank you in advance for your knowledge :rauch08:

F

FastForward

Name : FastForward
Type : Coco Handwatered
Solution/Mix : Canna Nutes (CocoAB, Rhizo, Cannazym, Boost, PK)
Pro's: Amazing results
Con's: Boost and Rhizo can be expensive, but worth every penny ime.

U

ukcheesehead

Name : ukc
Type :coco handwater/dripper (topspin12)
Solution/Mix :canna A/B regen a root headmasta
Pro's:top stuff n cheap as chips
Con's: no canna spanna lol

G

greenthumb

HESI tnt/HESI coco/HESIsupervit/HESI powerzyme/HESI root complex/IONICS boost/HESI pk13/14.
handfed in canna coco-perlite-clayballs
easy to use /ph balanced/tryed and tested dutch nutrients no deficencys at all
plus cheaper than anything else anywhere near as good
pros brilliant results/ease of use
cons-none!

S

spanishped

I use the same as greenthumb and totally agree with all he says, the only con with the Hesi nutes is they are not available to buy as commonly as other nutes

N

Nuglover

Name: Nuglover
Type: Soil handwatered
Solution/mix: Bat Guano(Jamaican,Indonesian,Mexican),AN Mother Earth
Pro's: Cheapest stuff out there,Works great,Bat poop makes everything taste better:)
Con's: None

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Name : JayBee
Type : Hydro ebb and flo with rocks
Solution/Mix : Canna Aqua AB, Rhizotonic, Boost, Pk 13/14
Pro's: No poop!
Con's:Not so cheap.

R

rayvon

name-rayvon
type -coco handwatered
solution- bio g power
pro's -ease of use,no need to ph with my water, buds appear more chrystally and are defo more dense than with the canna gear.
cons - bit pricey

Bio g
M

MIZZ ELVIS

NAME: MIZZ ELVIS
TYPE: TLO recycled soil mix w/coco/vermiculite/chunky perlite/Higromite/Lot's of Red wrigglers(Eisenia fetida)/bark mulch/oyster shell/greensand/granular dolomite lime/humes yucca extract.
SOLUTION/MIX-Nature's Nectar organic NPK/Hygrozyme/purple maxx/Bushmaster/peace of mind all purpose 5-5-5/Liquid karma/Chi/Diamond nectar/Innoculaid/Mayan Microzyme/Plant success soluble and granular/and last but not least Florablend vegan compost tea
PRO'S- I recycle my soil mix Indefinately, TLO environment produce's the healthiest, cleanest tasting Medicine possible, great buffering and PH stability with TLO.IMVHO The optimal way to grow medicinal grade bud.
CON'S- pain in the ass compared to hydro IMO, but worth it none the less.
p.s. I can get a little too much mad scientist like with the additives. Less is generally always more.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Name :jj
Type :Technaflora
Solution/Mix :Hydro Ebb & Flow w/ hydroton
Pro's:it works and can be acquired locally
Con's:a bit pricey

H

HI-GRAD3

Thank you for all your responses, keep em coming :)

There really are so many nutrients available on the market that claim they are "better than competitors!"

Its nice to see so many different mixes being used. I was considering using coco nutrients but to be honest i wouldnt know where to start! But i suppose i still have a few weeks before i need to worry about that so im just tryna get as much info as i can before i invest money on nutrients.

There are so many products available on the market and sometimes it can be a bit daunting for a newbie especialy when there are so many with "big words" on the labels lol

Thanks guys

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Zoolander

Canna coco hand watering

Canna A+B , Boost , PK 13/14 , Rhizotonic , Sweet , Cal/Mag

It's easy and you can find out what worx best for your system and everyone from a new grower to a pro can get top results from day 1

Q

Qman

Name: Q
Type :Coco, hand watered
Solution/Mix :AN- Connoisseur A/B, Bud Candy, Hammerhead PK, Nirvana, Bud Blood, Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, Piranha, Barricade, Carbo Load, full Sensi line for veg. - Cal-Mag every other feed
Pro's:All kinds
Con's:little spendy to get everything all at once

EDIT: One of the most important things is that I Hygrozyme every 3rd "water"

C

coldnorth

Name: CN
Type: soil handwater
mix: GHE micro,bloom.. Canna rhizo,cannazym,pk13-14,flush
pros: works good and simple
cons:

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Name :Jah_Hoover
Type : Coco Hand Watered
Solution/Mix : Canna coco,Boost,Cannazym,Rhyztonic,Pk13/14,Canna flush
Pro's: Works perfectly every time with amazing results, great taste.
Con's: a bit exspensive but it covers its own costs in the end products, so basically no cons :)

W

wellmedicated

Name:Well medicated
Type:Soil hand watered
Solution/mix:Fox Farms Organic Big Bloom mixed alittle weak till last couple weeks then water and blackstrap molasses
Pros:Excellant taste and easy to get
Cons:not experienced to know of any

Solidopc

Solidopc

You should all buy growtek monster bloom instead of canna boost, it's exactly the same ingredients, but the monster bloom is a concentrated powdered version made by a canadian compamy. It's much cheap when compared to boost, you buy a 500gram tub for £40, and use 0.3grams per litre. Really does work too, been using it over 18 months now. No point paying out for boost when you can get exactly the same for cheaper and it lasts longer.

Nute wise, i'm a mix bag. For soil i use biobizz grow/aglamic, biocanna flores, for coco i use canna coco a+b, for additives i use CX headmasta & regen-a-root, growtek monster bloom and mollasses. All these nutes are pretty cheap to buy in the quantities i use them. The most expensive is the monster bloom, but it lasts alot longer than the others, so works out well. The rest are all around £10 a litre, canna coco even cheaper.

J

Jalisco Kid

JK
mix my own salts. add aminos,70% fulvic acid,kelp,enzymes
If I used store bought it would be Haifa Chemicals Polyfeed with their aminos.
Pros I can tweak my formula, cost 90% less and have higher quality salts.
Con It takes me about 2 hours to premeasure my salts per cycle. If you mess your mixture up mixing it you are screwed with only yourself to blame.

There truthfully not that much difference in companies that use food grade salts. It's all in the marketing.
suerte JK

Top Bottom