What nutrients next?

• Thread starter Konto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Konto

Konto

So I've been using GH and after my harvest (2 weeks) I wanna switch, can anyone share their experiences from GH to another nute company? Shed some light for me even if you haven't used GH! I wanna hear peoples experiences with the nutes you have all used.

Thanks

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I switched from GH to Cutting Edge solutions when I was running hydro. Less salt and it seemed to produce a better product.

What media are you currently growing it?

You should do some research into J.R. Peters water soluble fertilizers. They're cheap as hell.

Konto

Konto

I've been using rockwool, price really isn't an issue I just know AN is mostly hype but I know i can be doing better than GH. Hard to see through all the hype and bs :( I've been leaning towards H&G, thinking about giving them a try.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I went from Fox Farm to GenHydro, I like GH better. I use there Flora series Micro+Bloom and KoolBloom for PK boost. I like it because its easy to tweak the formula to just about any ratio I want. I'm gonna stick with GH for a while so I can dial-in my grow, but there are lots of good nutes out there. FWIW, I heard H&G has too much N during flower, not sure if that matters to you or not, I think they drop the A a lil to compensate.

Konto

Konto

I went from Fox Farm to GenHydro, I like GH better. I use there Flora series Micro+Bloom and KoolBloom for PK boost. I like it because its easy to tweak the formula to just about any ratio I want. I'm gonna stick with GH for a while so I can dial-in my grow, but there are lots of good nutes out there. FWIW, I heard H&G has too much N during flower, not sure if that matters to you or not, I think they drop the A a lil to compensate.

Thanks for the info, gonna look into that.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I run GH to Im very happy with GH if you are runing rockwool try 7micro 12Bloom or 7micro 14bloom at the start of week 2 hit them with
MOAB 1tesp to 5gl with a 50/50 mix food and water PH to 5.7 and do the same at the start of week 4 and watch your PH good PH is from
5.4 to 6.1 for rockwool. And when you get midway in to week 6 drop the micro and run the bloom on out then flush. Check your run off PH and PPMs pre veg ppm450 veg 600 flower 700 to 900 max.

orbad

orbad

I just switched to Jacks Professional Hydroponic. I was using Lucas formula before. Plants are much healthier now.

K

kushsmoker30

FWIW, I heard H&G has too much N during flower, not sure if that matters to you or not, I think they drop the A a lil to compensate.

it does seem to make plants strech more then GH in flower, try H16 if ur in the 559 i can point u in the right direction for a dam good price

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The only issue with Jacks is there K is so high. I'm know it works for lots of people, but you can't really change the P:K ratio unless you buy other products. I like to run 3-1-2 and Jacks P:K ratio is like 1:3 or 1:3.5, with GH and other 3-part formulas its easier to tweak ratios. I'm sure Jacks is still great, it just depends what your looking for.

K

kushtrees

IMO jacks had a low P:K ratio. I like to have my ratio 3-1-4 to 2-1-5 in flower. Cannabis loves K

That being said I use CNS 17 hydro because I can get it cheaper from my hydro store than Jacks with shipping (it's so much wieght). While its not as customizable as GH, it's very simple

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

IMO jacks had a low P:K ratio. I like to have my ratio 3-1-4 to 2-1-5 in flower. Cannabis loves K

That being said I use CNS 17 hydro because I can get it cheaper from my hydro store than Jacks with shipping (it's so much wieght). While its not as customizable as GH, it's very simple

Yeah, in flower, but I rather use 3-1-2 during veg and stretch, then boost P and K to whatever I need. So for me and others it still has too much K.

Like you and many others, it works, but for me I like to have a base with low K then boost when I feel my plants need it. So its all relative and it may be low for some, perfect for others, and even too high for people like me.

K

kushtrees

Why 3-1-2 in veg? Are you in coco and counting on extra K from the media? One of the great things about cannabis is that so many ratios work, but I always love to hear people's opinions on them

I see very few nutrients or formulas that have more N than K

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

I started off with gh 3 part I had no problems with it when I ran out I bought an 3 part and its been working out just fine. I wouldn't say its all hype that's for sure. Very easy to tweak when needed and you don't need much additives.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Why 3-1-2 in veg? Are you in coco and counting on extra K from the media? One of the great things about cannabis is that so many ratios work, but I always love to hear people's opinions on them

I see very few nutrients or formulas that have more N than K

I'm in Sunshine #4, peat, perlite, coco mix. I just like to use it, but I've used other ratios that worked too, like 2-1-3 for example. During flower I use something around 2-1-4 after week 3-4 and sometimes even 1-1-4, but only I feel like there is too much N built up in the leaves.

I am going to start using coco next month and I'll probably stick with the 3-1-2 for veg. Maybe try 3-1-4 on 1/4 of the plants to see if it makes a difference in anything. I'm staying with 1 strain next run so it should be somewhat accurate.

Top Bottom