What PawPaw did during isolation grow

• Thread starter stanknkatz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

First up a pic of the seed stash. Occurs to me I have way more than I need at present. And I'm bored so it's time to do summin'. I'm pushing 60 and have had 2 heart attacks, have 3 aftermarket parts in my heart, and COPD. I vape, my needs are not great, so yield is not something I really worry about, as long as can meet my own needs, it's all good.

Mistakes will be made.

Seedlings may be murdered in the nursery.

Plants may and probably will be lost.

Males and intersex plants will be brutally murdered without exception.

Skirts will be flipped and sex will be examined closely.

Buds will be fondled. (It's been 11 yrs. since my wife passed, so it's as close to a good time as I get anymore. Work with me here folks)
Toomuch

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

At least 2 of these 3 will be first in line. Maybe all 3. Might do a 12/12 from seed run just to get a few buds in the stash box. Iffy on the haze tho. My luck I'll get another 100+ day pheno. I've had bad luck with haze flower times. Great bud, just hate the longer flower times. When I make up my mind, I'll be back and clarify and specify. If I can keep any alive long enough to break ground.
What

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
First up a pic of the seed stash. Occurs to me I have way more than I need at present. And I'm bored so it's time to do summin'. I'm pushing 60 and have had 2 heart attacks, have 3 aftermarket parts in my heart, and COPD. I vape, my needs are not great, so yield is not something I really worry about, as long as can meet my own needs, it's all good.

Mistakes will be made.

Seedlings may be murdered in the nursery.

Plants may and probably will be lost.

Males and intersex plants will be brutally murdered without exception.

Skirts will be flipped and sex will be examined closely.

Buds will be fondled. (It's been 11 yrs. since my wife passed, so it's as close to a good time as I get anymore. Work with me here folks)View attachment 970114

Hydro or Soil?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Welcome to the old farts club! We like to compare our Geritol intake and hoard Doan's back pills! It looks like a nice stash, although it would take me quite a while to go thru them... it would be a great journey, though. Had CABG, Dialysis, and more issues than the Corona "don't have these conditions" list. I enjoy the zen atmosphere of a HID grow, basking in the warm artificial sun. Welcome aboard!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Welcome to the old farts club! We like to compare our Geritol intake and hoard Doan's back pills! It looks like a nice stash, although it would take me quite a while to go thru them... it would be a great journey, though. Had CABG, Dialysis, and more issues than the Corona "don't have these conditions" list. I enjoy the zen atmosphere of a HID grow, basking in the warm artificial sun. Welcome aboard!
Not chugging the Geritol yet, but I appreciate the laxative effects of espresso as much if not more than I do the wake up effects of espresso lol. Thanx for the welcome!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I am vegging two rounds of Bodhi's Cherry Queen right now and a lot of them smell pretty fucking spot on for cherries. I don't know why I didn't really expect that, but I am pleasantly surprised. What did you pick up from Mosca? I haven't heard that name in years. Also, does TK stand for Texas Kid? He used to be on the farm back in the day. If so, nice to see that he is still putting out gear. I wish you well with your run brother! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

I am vegging two rounds of Bodhi's Cherry Queen right now and a lot of them smell pretty fucking spot on for cherries. I don't know why I didn't really expect that, but I am pleasantly surprised. What did you pick up from Mosca? I haven't heard that name in years. Also, does TK stand for Texas Kid? He used to be on the farm back in the day. If so, nice to see that he is still putting out gear. I wish you well with your run brother! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
The Mosca is a fem African Haze x C99. Think the C99 is the fem. Mosca's gear is legit. Those were a freebie with an order, I totally did not expect them. Psyched to run them except for the potential long flower time. I have sucky luck with hazes and flower times.

TK does indeed stand for Texas Kid. Got the beans direct from the man himself. Ran a few so far, nothing but good things to be found. He set me up with quite a care package a while back, going to take awhile to run thru them all with my small garden, but the adventure is so worth it.

You have a thread/pics of the Cherry Queen? Those are a recent addition, I am particular fond of a good afghani and cherry to boot? Yeah, I'm all over that!

Thanx for the vibes!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

The Mosca is a fem African Haze x C99. Think the C99 is the fem. Mosca's gear is legit. Those were a freebie with an order, I totally did not expect them. Psyched to run them except for the potential long flower time. I have sucky luck with hazes and flower times.

TK does indeed stand for Texas Kid. Got the beans direct from the man himself. Ran a few so far, nothing but good things to be found. He set me up with quite a care package a while back, going to take awhile to run thru them all with my small garden, but the adventure is so worth it.

You have a thread/pics of the Cherry Queen? Those are a recent addition, I am particular fond of a good afghani and cherry to boot? Yeah, I'm all over that!

Thanx for the vibes!
I can't read the label on the Mosca pack, but if it is listed African Haze x C99, I would bet the C99 is the reversed female. Most people label the mother x father, so the reversed female (C99) would be listed second. I enjoy a wide range of cannabis for different situations, but my perpetual set up isn't really geared towards long flowering times at the moment.

That is really awesome that he hooked you up. I have never ran any cultivars that he personally made, but I hope to get the chance. Seeing that he is still slinging pollen, I definitely have a better chance than some of the old greats that I wish were still doing their thing. I love working with old school cultivars. Not that I don't enjoy some of the newer hybrids as well.

I do not currently have a thread, but I keep saying that I am going to start one soon to include all of the cultivars that I am currently working with haha. I have pictures of the Cherry Queen, but they are not too much to look at right now. Not even big enough to take cuttings from yet. I just started the second round of them a couple of weeks back. With that fucking cherry smell, I just couldn't help but germinate a second round. I am germinating a few more old school classics tomorrow.

Also, I mentioned that I had purchased the Cherry Queen to a homie here on the farm and he pointed me to this test thread.

Again, I truly wish you well with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah buddy! Dukes gear is also legit. Have ran through quite a bit of it. Have a whole bunch of Lone's Sharon Widow x C99 packs he did for me still laying around if you ever want to dabble with it if you didn't score any of those.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yeah buddy! Dukes gear is also legit. Have ran through quite a bit of it. Have a whole bunch of Lone's Sharon Widow x C99 packs he did for me still laying around if you ever want to dabble with it if you didn't score any of those.
Are you referring to Lonestar from The Texas Resin Company?! Nostalgia is a hell of a drug haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Gday to the oldies I’m defo one although my health is great my old bones are finding it harder to get me up and at em ive been a gardener , farmer all my life the up before dawn and finish by Dark , I do hope you enjoy your growing and fine some time to smell the roses . Regards OD .

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

I can't read the label on the Mosca pack, but if it is listed African Haze x C99, I would bet the C99 is the reversed female. Most people label the mother x father, so the reversed female (C99) would be listed second. I enjoy a wide range of cannabis for different situations, but my perpetual set up isn't really geared towards long flowering times at the moment.

That is really awesome that he hooked you up. I have never ran any cultivars that he personally made, but I hope to get the chance. Seeing that he is still slinging pollen, I definitely have a better chance than some of the old greats that I wish were still doing their thing. I love working with old school cultivars. Not that I don't enjoy some of the newer hybrids as well.

I do not currently have a thread, but I keep saying that I am going to start one soon to include all of the cultivars that I am currently working with haha. I have pictures of the Cherry Queen, but they are not too much to look at right now. Not even big enough to take cuttings from yet. I just started the second round of them a couple of weeks back. With that fucking cherry smell, I just couldn't help but germinate a second round. I am germinating a few more old school classics tomorrow.

Also, I mentioned that I had purchased the Cherry Queen to a homie here on the farm and he pointed me to this test thread.

Again, I truly wish you well with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
You are correct on the C99 being the revers in that cross. And thanx for the link on the Cherry Queen. Those are def. moving up in the rotation lol.

If you're interested in TK gear, I think his gear is available on x seedco . com . The bordello crosses are stellar, the rub -n -tug stands out. He gave me a bunch of his ultimate cookies, there's some jewels in there. I don't know if those were hit to the blue13 or not. I was never a fan of cookies until I ran his. Still have a few of them in the box. If I had the pockets, I'd buy a couple packs of everything he has. There are some serious treasures to be discovered in there.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

I was real close to pulling the trigger on those lol. I saw the pics Duke had so I asked TK if he had or knew of anyone who had pics of the Sharon. He directed me to Crazy Composers pics, and then asked if I was interested in his crosses with it. Then he sent me so much gear I kind of got overwhelmed. So I didn't pull the trigger. And now I wish I had anyway lol. That Sharon seems to breed true and it's never disappointed me.

So, yeah, very interested in dabbling.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Gday to the oldies I’m defo one although my health is great my old bones are finding it harder to get me up and at em ive been a gardener , farmer all my life the up before dawn and finish by Dark , I do hope you enjoy your growing and fine some time to smell the roses . Regards OD .
meh...we ain't old......for a tree lol!
I feel ya, I have def lost a step...or 2 even. But I got the grandkids around to help keep me active. Thank God for them. I'd given up after my wife passed and was just existing til the first one came along and restored some joie de vivre. Now I got another one just learned to crawl so she's into something she ought not be every time I turn around lol. Keeps me on my toes.

Thanx!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

So anyway, after sleeping on it, and after my morning chocolate cherry latte and several vape sessions I've decided on the Dominion Stawberry Diesel x C99 and Mosca's African Haze x C99. I ain't skeered of no haze! They'll be going in water soon as I get a few more hits off this vape.

I'll be back when I have summin worth showing. Real fun won't be till they start flowering anyway. Bear with me, been a LONG damn time since I've done a thread.
Next

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

You are correct on the C99 being the revers in that cross. And thanx for the link on the Cherry Queen. Those are def. moving up in the rotation lol.

If you're interested in TK gear, I think his gear is available on x seedco . com . The bordello crosses are stellar, the rub -n -tug stands out. He gave me a bunch of his ultimate cookies, there's some jewels in there. I don't know if those were hit to the blue13 or not. I was never a fan of cookies until I ran his. Still have a few of them in the box. If I had the pockets, I'd buy a couple packs of everything he has. There are some serious treasures to be discovered in there.
I truly appreciate the information on the site. I have spent close to 1k on beans since the beginning of the year, but as soon as I can justify spending more haha. Positive vibes...
Lonestar represent! Good man. I miss him.View attachment 970265
The fucking good ol' days. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Haven't forgot about this. The bad part about everything being shutdown, for me, is I have too much time to do nothing. And I like it lol.

Anyway, got a new led light in, and also been getting in more beans than I really need, and more to come still. Picked up some good ones, I hope.

So all 3 of Mosca's African Haze x C99 popped and going.

Only have 5 of Dominions' Strawberry Diesel x C99 up. My bad on those. New set-up. temps were cold. Added a heating mat and 5 popped right up, likely waited too long and lost 5. We'll see here in a couple days if they poke thru. If not, I have some other genetics to play with and start something else. Might go with Duke's Mountainberry.
20200525 141519

AnitaBonghitt

AnitaBonghitt

I cant believe its been 11 years since katz passed, seems like yesterday. I'm glad to see you keeping busy, grandkids n all. Are you still in Texas? We need to get caught up sometime. I do miss the cook outs too.
AB aka cough-cough-eer

Latest posts

Top Bottom