fukwitit

fukwitit

what is it? is it benifical or no?
What pest is this 2
What pest is this

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Similar body type and shape to a box elder, but doesn't look like a box elder bug. I'm with Sailfishdan, I'd worry more about the mites.

Coir

Coir

I agree with Seamaiden in that it has the same shape as a box elder but not the right color. Could be a type of stink bug. Either way, not a beneficial so get rid of it. Stink bugs are not as damaging to vegetation as they are to fruit but will lay egg clusters on the bottoms of leaves of any plant and quickly multiply in numbers since there don't seem to be too many(if any at all) predatory insects that will eat them. And yes, I would be looking at the bottom sides of those leaves closely for spider mites!

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

on that it may be some type of boxelder beetle or something of that nature i would physically remove it, if you kill them inside they secrete a pheromone that attracts others...

shoestring

shoestring

Thats textbook thrip infestation on lower leaves. Got em myself as of late. They ars some bastards but not too hard to control if you get on it. And that bug could be a minute pirate. If it is leave it. But you best find out for sure.

john martin

john martin

The bug in question has several versions, some eat other bugs, but all of them eat leafs as well. Any time I notice them I also notice chunks bitten out of my leafs.

Not a box-elder, some type of stink-bug.

Box-elder's specialize in eating essential oils BTW.

Top Bottom