What ph to use with gaia green

• Thread starter ilfabr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilfabr0

you should just start over in soil because your treating it like soil i have told you coco is different then soil on top of that your using dry amendments in coco so its harder to check things and everyone is telling you what to do in soil because they use soil
On the next run I‘m gonna do it in soil, any suggestions for soil? Brands and stuff?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
On the next run I‘m gonna do it in soil, any suggestions for soil? Brands and stuff?
If your using bottled nutes it's 5.5 - 6.5pH, organic dry amendments is 6-7pH, if you can add some compost and/or earthworm castings to the mix then you should be ok.

More important, feeding bottled nutrition and organic grows are both entirely diffrent philosophies and styles of growing. Pick one or the other, if you do both you'll be on the fence with two sides to fall off on.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
i just meant i put it on a week ahead i have never had any problems from lack of nutrients , it has to break down faster then weeks since you top dress with it monthly
Lol .. sorry.. and sound advice! A week ahead sounds proper. I'll do that this next grow. Thank you. 🙏

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
i'm not saying that's right , it's just what i do
I do the opposite and wonder why some of my pots aren't doing so well 😂 and not on purpose, I just forget to top dress when I'm supposed too (per Gaia directions on the tubs) but If you do it a week before, even if you forget, you'd still be doing it right. 😏

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
A week ahead sounds proper. I'll do that this next grow.
Regarding how long it takes for nutrients to become available to the plant. So, when things are going well, I feed at a 4-week schedule. I tighten that up if the plants look like they need more. The main event is preparing for flipping the light. I feed the plants a mixture of GGGP and GGPB a week before I change the light. After feeding, I usually see a change within a few days.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I use organic dry nutrients with pH 7.6 water and it's fine. Some folks here say they use water with a pH of 8.0, also with no issues.
The waters pH usually isn't the issue with organic, it's the soils pH that matters

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower.

I use city water. City water is usually treated to acceptable levels of pH.

I grow in soil with liquid nutrients. ✌️

My water ph is 6,8 after nutes it’s like 6.3

Shitty trim job,,, My weed kicks ass ✌️🤓🔥👊
IMG 4202

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
i thought soil was the reason we did not have to ph
There's your waters pH and then there's the soils pH. Both different from each other. Healthy soil, healthy plant. In organic we are taking care of the soil. The soil takes care of the plant for us. So take care of your soil.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

There's your waters pH and then there's the soils pH. Both different from each other. Healthy soil, healthy plant. In organic we are taking care of the soil. The soil takes care of the plant for us. So take care of your soil.
well i think if the soil is good it will buffer water if its bad

Top Bottom