What plants hide marijuana well outdoors for backyard?

• Thread starter mrhomegrown22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
bamboo

you can grow an impenetrable fence of that shit
What's your elevation/growing zone? I'm 2,500', Sunset West zone 7, USDA zone 8, IIRC. I'm actually thinking about a screen that goes all the way around our property.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I use an assortment of plants including tomato.Palm trees in pots,have a lemon tree in a barrel that's pretty big,but potted palms with big leaves work pretty well for me being in socal!!

L

Lost

What's your elevation/growing zone? I'm 2,500', Sunset West zone 7, USDA zone 8, IIRC. I'm actually thinking about a screen that goes all the way around our property.

Just know that bamboo is a lifetime commitment. In other words, if you plant it, you will never be able to get rid of it. It will just keep coming back. Think tree like blackberries.. :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Im at 2500 - no bamboo here

had it at my last place though and like lost said it is crazy - we just thinnned it out every couple years though and it wasnt too bad

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So no lower altitude bamboo recommendation, eh? Bummah. I've got a friend out in... is he in Orangevale? Thereabouts. Anyway, his property backs up against the American River and so you *know* he can grow pretty much anything, and he's got this potted black bamboo that's just GORGEOUS. Even if it grew into a jungle around my home, it's so pretty I don't think I'd mind too much.

Trippy that we can grow kiwi and feijoa out here, too.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, make mine grow on the ground, like a vine. The weight of the forming buds, behind some bushes, right near a road. Two or three cinder blocks ..then a 10 inch wide x six foot board ..held down by couple of chunks of firewood! Far end/bud end ..I used a tomato stake and a pipe cleaner to fasten that top bud at the end. Soon after i un-tied it and took the wood away...it flowered! African Durban Poison x Skunk #1 ...was Top Shelf Smoke from Sam the Skunkman freebies! Thank you for that "one" Sam! monkey5

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
The Durban Poison was finnished flowering on Sept.1..Done! And remember...I am way looking forward to see what JJ's Nigerian is about..in a nice greenhouse! That is what dreams are made of ..right there! Lol..Thank you JJ ! monkey5

1st.artuning

Cleomes...I love em

leaves are very similar to MJ and they flower in a bud shape cone.

If you get the regular and not dwarf....they can get to 5 feet tall and will continue to flower until frost (early October)

Pretty cool...

below frigid

below frigid

Back in the day I used to grow them with the tomatoes and hang plastic ornamental green and red tomatoes on the cannabis plants. You could be 3 feet away and not realize that they were not tomatoes.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Tomatoes, I'm going to add corn this year, not so much as a screen as for bug bait, though also as a screen. Corn doesn't seem to grow as tall as cannabis, though. I'm also going to try
POLE BEANS
this year as a screen.

There is nothing I can do about the smell, and everyone who drives by smells it. Thusly, fenced with cyclone fencing and surveillance cameras.[/QUOT

Pole beans worked great for me one year

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

sun flowers worked perfect last year. i live on a corner lot and without them you would see them in my backyard from both streets. plant a variety and they will grow taller and faster than your plants. they make a good bug screen too. tomatoes tend to die off right when you need them the most.

Top Bottom