what pots do you use?

• Thread starter bringtahoetreez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bringtahoetreez

What pots do you use?
I've recently started using the roots pots and I really like how they breathe. I haven't had a harvest with them yet but I'm interested to hear what people think....

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

I just use regular, plain old pots, but that's more because I have zillions of them from other gardening I do.

As long as the holes on the bottom are elevated slightly above any water that drains out the bottom, I'm OK with it. I DO like to add more perlite as the plants graduate to larger pots, because I think air diffusion within the pot gets more and more restricted as the pot gets bigger. (That's just my belief, though, I have no proof that's an issue.)

K

kushmaster313

i use plastic 5 gal but will start using 2 gal pots root system reacts faster in my opinion.

M

merlin123

I've come to really like smartpots. They come in all different sizes.

P

Ptone

I've come to really like smartpots. They come in all different sizes.
I agree I use #3 smart pots for my 600w grow and man do the plants love them!
No swirling they grow out th side of the pot. I have thousands of root ends poking out. Can't wait for harvest to check out how fib-res they are.

S

Stargazer

I use plastic 3 gallon buckets and 3 gallon smart pots. I have larger, but with my indoor space lacking, I don't use them right now.

I liked how the smart pots worked, so I drilled a couple hundred holes in my plastic buckets. That seemed to work well.

Yield potential is very similar w/both of these for me. 4 oz. per gallon isn't unheard of.

waayne

waayne

is this a soil set up? if so then good lord thats a lot of dirt to play with.
It's 100% Organic soil.
I use a modified cement mixer to
mix the soil...
It's lot's of work but the result's are worth it!;)
An excellent way to have good production in Organic soil is to encourage large healthy root systems.....:rasta2:

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Air Pots

I use 5 gal squares for 16 week veg and 3 gal squares for 10-12 week veg. The different heights allow me to stagger the lights vertically. The spill from the light on a flat of 30" plants will add side light to the 4-5 footer that takes up the flat next door. The squares fit together better and I get a bit more plant density in veg. The rim of the 3 gal squares catches the top rim of a 5gal pail which makes flushing convenient.

A friend and large scale grower is giving Air Pots a lot of love after a test run. [sigh] It looks like I'll be changing pot styles in the near future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I&feature=related

PS My mix is 80% perlite so I'm essentially feeding hydroponically.

W

wil2279

i have 3 gal root pots which are roots organic's version of the smart pots. i use these for veg with my mother plants and i will use 7 gal root pots when i move the plants outside for the summer. I would use smart pots but when you look at the smaller sizes under say 20gal the root pots cost about half what the smart pots cost. when you start to look at the really nig root pots and smart pots the price is about the same with the smart pots only costing $1 or $2 more.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm rockin the 10 gal smart pots with cana. Gonna do a side by side with soil and bio canna sometime. He mixes his soil with a cement mixer. Thats fn cool.

Top Bottom