what pots do you use?

• Thread starter bringtahoetreez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Colebz

I just take a 3.8 cu ft sunshine #4 bag and cut it in half so I have two halves to plant in. Works great for 1-2 pounders

S

StrongPimpin

Man i only use 3gal pots on my 1000w grow figures they would be enogh... Do you think i should switch to 4or 5 gal pots my roots didnt seem very rootbound

T

TheRealBoss

we mix our outdoor soil with a cement mixer too...works awesome.

express_fix

express_fix

warning:I am a newb.
I am currently using water bottles designed for usage in a dispenser. I hope htis plastic does not let off any bad chimicals as it is designed for drinking water only.
5gallon.jpg

I was using 13 liter pots (3.4 US gallons) which I considered being quite big.
But at veg week 5 some of the lower leafs started yellowing out. I had no money to buy new bigger pots, instead I cut off two huge plastic bottles 19 liters (5 us galoons) each that i had lying around and wrapped them in aluminum foil and duct tape so no light could reach the roots. Drilled many holes for the drainage at the bottom. My plants now love my those 5 gallon DIY "pots", no more bottom yellowing leafs.
http://img88.invalid.com/img88/7871/200tx.pnghttp://img444.invalid.com/img444/5847/2002j.png
So it shall be 19 L / 5 galoners for me from now on (I am using soil and mineral nutritients)

my 2 cents

T

tomsawyer

No Pots!

Soil straight in trays.
hydroton on bottom with a coco mat on top then soil/coco.

Cort

Cort

Any thoughts on the plastic grow bags?

I picked up a batch of 1 gal size as a go between dixie cups and my 16q pots.

So far I am not impressed. Coco staying pretty wet at the bottoms. Poked tons of holes in them for better air.

T

tomsawyer

sog in 2 gal air pots and bushes in 6.5 gal air pots. love em. little pricey, but last forever. roots 707 with earth juice, hygrozyme, superthrive and camag+. outstanding results!

I have used air pots but had to install a drip system because they were tough to hand water. Do you have this problem? I Loved them on a drip or flod and drain

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Any thoughts on the plastic grow bags?

I picked up a batch of 1 gal size as a go between dixie cups and my 16q pots.

So far I am not impressed. Coco staying pretty wet at the bottoms. Poked tons of holes in them for better air.

I used plastic grow bags a few years ago before I switched to smartpots.

With both the grow bags and smartpots, I placed a plastic plant tray filled with hydrotron or lava rock under them. It allows water to drain and also allows air to circulate under the bottom. It works great with smartpots.

Good luck.

E

E.T.

i don't have that problem, i spend a lot of time with my ladies and take my time when i water....i do see how some would have issues with this and a drip system would be a nice way around it...

I have used air pots but had to install a drip system because they were tough to hand water. Do you have this problem? I Loved them on a drip or flod and drain

F

fotparmer

I am in the process of going to 3 gallon nursery pots from the White square ones that are about 8in. I actually had a nice yield out of them for the type of plant i was growing. It grows just like a corn stalk. I am hoping that since the new pots are 3times the size roughly that the yield will at least double.

S

saner1r

I have been using air pots. They are the shit. In a 8" pot i have a bad ass 4' plant. She is strong and beautiful!

Top Bottom