What pump & size would i need? Im pump illiterate :(

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
The main function of the pump would be to top feed 3x6 trays one at a time with 2 octabubblers per tray.
Im basicLly following Jackmayoffers set up so im running 1inch pvc.
I plan on using 55gal drum as my rez.

Basically im not sure how many gph i need , how much head on the pump i will need, what is a good brand and where i can score a pump for a good price.

Also anything else i should be considering ??

Thanks fir ur time Farm Fam.
Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
So i think ima go with a Danner supreme mag drive pump #12 1200gph . Its a Submersible. I thought i was gonna go with an inline pump but most info i found for this type of application( hydro) uses submersible vs inline.

What do u guys think for what im trying to do is a submersible or inline pump better?

Confu

dirk d

dirk d

i have the 55 gal barrels as reservoirs and i run the danner 9's. It's a lot of flow. I just put mine inside the reservoir but I have a chiller too.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
i have the 55 gal barrels as reservoirs and i run the danner 9's. It's a lot of flow. I just put mine inside the reservoir but I have a chiller too.

Thnx Dirk, i went with the 12 and will be setting it up this weekend. Pixs to come.

Confu.

dirk d

dirk d

Nice Confuten, I actually upgraded all my pumps to the danners. swapped a total of 10 pumps out lol. definitely worth it imo. That 12 must really be pumping though.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Dam Dirk, doing it real big like!! Glad things r going good enough for u to upgrade, thats always a good sign!

Confu.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Hey Dirk u in SoCal right? I foun a place that sells those 55 gal drums used for 10$. Let me kno if ur intrested.

Confu...

dirk d

dirk d

Dam Dirk, doing it real big like!! Glad things r going good enough for u to upgrade, thats always a good sign!

Confu.
thanks man, things are going real good for me lol. I actually did it in a couple stages over about 2 months. No way I could afford all that in one shot lol. But got to say they are worth every penny i spent on them.

Top Bottom