What Seems To Be The Issue Here? 2 Plants In Bad Condition. First Time. High-def Photos.

• Thread starter carokannc6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
carokannc6

carokannc6

Recent issues: Ran into heat problems. (95+ F)
PH: stable. (6.4)
Feed: Every watering. AN-micro-grow-bloom + GH Ripen.
Strain: Bagseed.
Light: 250wHPS + 125w CFL.
Hum: %40 (day) - 70 (night)
Temp: 27c (80f) - 31c (87f)

How can i help her?

What seems to be the issue here 2 plants in bad condition first time high def photos
What seems to be the issue here 2 plants in bad condition first time high def photos 2
What seems to be the issue here 2 plants in bad condition first time high def photos 3
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Recent issues: Ran into heat problems. (95+ F)
PH: stable. (6.4)
Feed: Every watering. AN-micro-grow-bloom + GH Ripen.
Strain: Bagseed.
Light: 250wHPS + 125w CFL.
Hum: %40 (day) - 70 (night)
Temp: 27c (80f) - 31c (87f)

How can i help her?
Looks like nutrient burn from the hot spell.

When it gets hot you gotta back off on the nutrients. Because of the heat the plant takes up more water than normal and bam it gets over fed easily.

Try to flush the soil to lower the ppm on the runoff. Then let it dry out and feed at a lower ppm and make sure your ph is correct.

carokannc6

carokannc6

I would read the ppm on the runoff water with a meter so you know the ppm went down in the soil. May take a couple of flushes.

Unfortunately i have no way of checking EC/ppm. My tap comes at 240 ppm. (asked my municipality). Should i flush only once to be safe since i cant read ppm?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Unfortunately i have no way of checking EC/ppm. My tap comes at 240 ppm. (asked my municipality). Should i flush only once to be safe since i cant read ppm?
Lol cavemen style, flush the soil until the runoff is clear water. Then let it dry out and start fresh at 1/4 strength.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Do i have to PH the water i'm flushing with?
Depends on what your soil ph is. If the soil ph is below 6.0 then 7.0 water is ok. If the soil ph is above 6.0 then water at 6.5 ph. That's kinda how I do it. Remember temperature affects ph. So you want your water to be at 70deg when you ph it.

carokannc6

carokannc6

Depends on what your soil ph is. If the soil ph is below 6.0 then 7.0 water is ok. If the soil ph is above 6.0 then water at 6.5 ph. That's kinda how I do it. Remember temperature affects ph. So you want your water to be at 70deg when you ph it.

Yo! Update and more questions!

I managed to get the heat down to 80-89F range (buying a cooltube soon to drop it even more). Hum %20-40 range. PH in 6.4, out 6.1. 250w HPS, my additional 125w CFL's wiring failed, will fix it very soon. I'm also getting an intake fan, in addition to my 100 CFM exhaust. (Tent is 2x2x5, 60x60x160)

Here's my setup now

20160408 141902

New growth doesn't seem to be affected by burn/heat stress. They are the right dark green. But they are foxtailing HARD. (ignore the cat hair, i lost the war) Flush might have helped.
20160406 124458

Buds are very small, airy but much more covered in resin. (this bud is from the first plant in my first post)
20160408 020355

Does it look like it's going to get me high?

Plant still looks like shit though.

20160406 124407

Mid level seems healthy, with a tad bit of nute burn.

20160406 124620

Sugar leaves and calyx's are covered in resin. However buds are airy, weird formed and small. I wish they'd fatten up. I really don't know when to harvest these plants.Plant smells terrific though. Doesn't look like a big yielder, bagseed after all.

20160408 020459

Any observations/recommendations would be great. I don't know what the next step is.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think at this point you have done what you can. The direction @Og Gong gave you is sound. The newer growth will start as you observed to look right. If you are hoping that the nute/heat burned parts will right themselves they will not. Once burned they are goners. but all new growth will get squared away and will be the indicator you are on the right path.

your next step is to determine at what stage of ripening you are in. Being bagseed there is no way to know what the flower period is so grab a loupe and check out your trikes to see when the plant should harvest........ And even tho it looks like crap as you put it it may very well be some great smoke. You just never know.......:cool::smoking:

PS foxtailing can be a side effect to the heat stress. It is also believed to be genetic in some strains as well.

Top Bottom