What should I be using to clean my reservoir and flood trays?

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

I just finish my first grow(oh yeah!) and gearing up for my second. I need to clean my flood trays and reservoir and I'm looking to find some non-toxic cleaners. Any suggestions on what to use? Should I soak it or scrub it with a brush?

Single

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Just use a scrub brush with dish soap and water:)

done

gtd

singlespeed

singlespeed

Cool, a brush, basic cleaner and some elbow grease seems easy enough. I was hearing stuff like you had to soak 24hr in hydrogen peroxide or use CLR?

Thanks,

Single

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I just add a lil bleach to a couple of 5 gal buckets full of water and go to town on everthing pumps,hoses,walls.trays everything. Than I do the same thing with just plain water.When I first started growing again a grower told me get shamwow for the room. Fuck Ya Shamwows the shit for the room forsure man.LoL Shamwow and a lil shopvac is must for my room.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
vinegar will really help break down the salts and hard water stains

physan 20 to disinfect your gear

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Remove all Medium, Roots, and cims. Fill the Res with clean water and 15% bleach. Run the system for 1_1/2hr(longer if your ebb) Use a brush to get anything that has not came off. I personally like to let it run over night while i sleep. Drain then refill with clean water, and run for 30 mins. Once again scrub anything that you see that did not come out when you refill. Now do a 2ed 30min run on the system. Done! You can toss 2% hydrogen proxide a 3g/1L or less to kill any root problems if you had one.

E

Easyrasta

vinegar to break down the hard water
then every thing with 10% bleach
love it when peeps keep their shit clean
peace
Ez

M

m3mikec

Finding none toxic cleaners that will kill all the bad stuff may be hard? Don't use bleach anymore, believe it leaves a residue and does not kill everything. Now use H202(hydrogen peroxide) it does the best job of killing everything:sick0004:

Use the 35% grade and dilute it down. Have to careful using it, will burn your skin white(wear gloves). Soak my hydroton in it - spray tables and reservoirs with it(after soap washing) - and run in threw the complete system a couple off times just to be safe. Can also run it after transplant to kill anything that came with the plants roots and median(use 1/100 ratio of the 35% grade).

Nothing worse then having problems from the beginning due to unsterilized equipment.:sick0010:

Cheers :RastaBong:

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Diluted bleach and Simple Green/non toxic and smells good too!!

L

LBZ Farmer

I use the cheap old Hydrogen peroxide you find in the store... First I scrub the table when it is dry... Then Vaccuum everything to have less of a mess. Then I spray the H2O2 and wipe away the mess... Rinsing out peroxide is easier than rinsing out bleach. You almost don't have to rinse the peroxide.

O

Original Grower

simplicity is practicality ), 35% h202 @ 10ml-20ml/l of hot water. cycle thru for 24 hrs. scrub, drain, and roberts your moms brother lol, peace, og

F

FOUR20

s;dfkjas;dfjkl some of you guys go the distance some of you dont my e/f system isnt toooo bad to clean but ill proll juss run a clean solution for a day.......still not done with 1st run yet so welllll c, any ideas as to how to clean btween weeks?

Top Bottom