what should the ph and ppm of runoff from flush water be at end of flush

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

my mothers are in 5 gallon smart pots, they are not root bound imo, i flush once a month using 10-25% nute solution, when i flush i use 15 gallons RO water and I keep checking runoff waters' ppm and PH. I usually, at end of flush, get my ph reading back up to 6.8, at start it usually reads about 6.4, and ppm at about 400ppm. Flush solution starts at about 200.

Today I had a hell of a time and only got ph of runoff at end of flush to about 6.5 - 6.8, and ppms at beginning of flush were at 980 (usually it starts at about 600) and could only get that down to 450ppm.

Is this something to worry about?

I use technaflora recipe for success and h-farm subculture for bene's.

The only thing different is about a week or so ago i started using Btanicare Silica blast...

I would like to know if other people take readings on their flush runoff and what are the ranges on ph and ppm that they obtain at beginning and/or at end of flush.....

I recently had some problems with rooting clones from these mothers. They took 14 days in a homemade cloner and I usually pop roots in 7 days. I started using Power Clone and this last batch did real well, bumps in 3 days and one inch roots in 7.

Oh and I pruned about 2 weeks ago.

That is the only other thing out of the ordinary going on....

thanks

sedate

sedate

click80 said:
my mothers are in 5 gallon smart pots, they are not root bound imo, i flush once a month using 10-25% nute solution, when i flush i use 15 gallons RO water and I keep checking runoff waters' ppm and PH. I usually, at end of flush, get my ph reading back up to 6.8, at start it usually reads about 6.4, and ppm at about 400ppm. Flush solution starts at about 200.

Today I had a hell of a time and only got ph of runoff at end of flush to about 6.5 - 6.8, and ppms at beginning of flush were at 980 (usually it starts at about 600) and could only get that down to 450ppm.

Um. I don't motherkeep but all that work and numbers and shit sounds like alot more effort than required.

If I were you I'd feed at 600ish or so - and flush every three weeks or so with plain (0 ppm) water - but much less - 3x container volume for lightly fed plants sounds like it would stress your plants more than help . . .

Maybe a four or five gallon flush.

Anyway - the fact that your run-off is staying lower probably means you don't have *any* salt buildup or anything.

I imagine you're doing just fine.

I also wouldn't bother with silica for mothers . . .

click80 said:
I would like to know if other people take readings on their flush runoff and what are the ranges on ph and ppm that they obtain at beginning and/or at end of flush.....

My run-off - four or five gallon flushes - is at 7 from soil containers and anywhere from the 10's of ppm's to a couple hundred, depending on a number of things . . .

Top Bottom