What should the RH be in the jars when curing and when is it necessary to burp?

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Just curious how the ones that came before do it.... oh and do you ever use boveda packs?

K

KenKenaf

Rh is relative to temp. Who told you it's a valid metric for anything not related to temp?

Moisture content should be under 15%. Under 10 if you know what you're doing. Who knows what Rh that is. You didn't mention temp or barometric pressure. Pot growers LOVE fake metrics. Blows my mind they obsess over incompletely data that yields nothing..

Bovidas have some deacetylation/reketonization action. Ruins high end cannabis with acetylated "terps", OG Kush for example.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Pros should be along I do it kinda unconventional- after jaring I burp every day or to , get good air exchange, I don’t use hygrometer I touch feel and smell after bout a week no need to burp for me I’m sure there’s a more scientific way - and no boveda I feel they rob terps

Moshmen

Moshmen

Rh is relative to temp. Who told you it's a valid metric for anything not related to temp?

Moisture content should be under 15%. Under 10 if you know what you're doing. Who knows what Rh that is. You didn't mention temp or barometric pressure. Pot growers LOVE fake metrics. Blows my mind they obsess over incompletely data that yields nothing..

Bovidas have some deacetylation/reketonization action. Ruins high end cannabis with acetylated "terps", OG Kush for example.
Only I’ll disagree that temp and rh are relative can one swing the other absolutely but depending on moisture content could be either direction imo

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Rh meaning humidity. What % humidity should they be

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

So am I doing it wrong by measuring the humidity and temp in the jars that I'm curing in? That seems kinda what u said. Idk. Tell me what u do when curing in jars? I'm just trying find the best method bro. Trying to learn..

Moshmen

Moshmen

60 degrees at 60 rh in dark to start you would like to get down to 58% for good burning bud - moisture content is a better measure but I’m betting you don’t have one? Most go by rh in the jar

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

You are using one of the Wood Moisture meters presumably. Just to qualify that % of what for the OP.
My post I was referring to RH of the enclosed container/ crossing over to once its in a Grove Bag.
Yes a wood moisture meter. At 10 - 12% moisture it would cure in a mason just as easily minus having to burp said mason. The disadvantage in that is every time you open that mason the bud gets a little dryer. That doesn’t happen in a grove bag from my personal experience. The key is seal it and leave it alone for at least a month.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I gotta ask again. So u saying the humidity don't matter when your curing?

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

60 degrees at 60 rh in dark to start you would like to get down to 58% for good burning bud - moisture content is a better measure but I’m betting you don’t have one? Most go by rh in the jar
Thank you! Finally. Ppl wanna get all hung up on dumb shit, like cuz i said rh instead of humidity? Lol. Not u, lol. Ken kennif from Connecticut.....hahaha. pretentious much? Lmfao

Latest posts

Top Bottom