what size dehumidifier would i need 4x4x7 tent

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Just for that tent? Smallest size is see is 22 pint. That's plenty for a small area.

I use a 35 pint GE dehumidifier to control my entire basement.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

my tent is in my bedroom and i noticed that the rh in my bedroom will be fine but inside the tent it will be high .so putting one outside the tent i dont see how it would help . also i dont see how putting one inside the tent would help when there is a 6 inch fan constantly bringing in and remove air maybe u can help me understand this ?

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

The fresh air being drawn in (or open lower ports, all of them) will be at the RH u set on the dehumidifier. The exhaust fan inside the tent will help control RH also. I keep the exhaust CFM twice as high as intake CFM. Negative pressure inside grow tents is best. You can see tent walls slightly sucked in.

DEFINITELY helps control the VPD.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

The fresh air being drawn in (or open lower ports, all of them) will be at the RH u set on the dehumidifier. The exhaust fan inside the tent will help control RH also. I keep the exhaust CFM twice as high as intake CFM. Negative pressure inside grow tents is best. You can see tent walls slightly sucked in.

DEFINITELY helps control the VPD.
i have 2 6 inch passive air intakes

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

You'd need a 6" exhaust fan with 400 CFM or so. I use the AC Cloudline T6, it has a digital readout (place inside or outside your tent)......can check temp + RH in one second, lol. It reads constantly.

It seems to last, 3rd grow with it. Changed the carbon filter after 2 grows, some ppl don't.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You'd need a 6" exhaust fan with 400 CFM or so. I use the AC Cloudline T6, it has a digital readout (place inside or outside your tent)......can check temp + RH in one second, lol. It reads constantly.

It seems to last, 3rd grow with it. Changed the carbon filter after 2 grows, some ppl don't.
thats what i have a 6 inch exhaust fan ac infinity lol

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Home Depot has GE 35 pint dehumidifiers (for extreme RH 60 to 80%) for about $200.....Digital

knocked mine down from 74-77% RH to 45% so far......Im in 2nd week of flower. On MEDIUM setting.

Eco Mode, Low, Med, High

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Home Depot has GE 35 pint dehumidifiers (for extreme RH 60 to 80%) for about $200.....Digital

knocked mine down from 74-77% RH to 45% so far......Im in 2nd week of flower. On MEDIUM setting.

Eco Mode, Low, Med, High
is it programable ? where u can set it not to get the rh 2 low ?

F

frogyrogy

my tent is in my bedroom and i noticed that the rh in my bedroom will be fine but inside the tent it will be high .so putting one outside the tent i dont see how it would help . also i dont see how putting one inside the tent would help when there is a 6 inch fan constantly bringing in and remove air maybe u can help me understand this ?
You need to control humidity in the room where your tent in located, not in the tent. Run exhaust vent to pull conditioned air into the tent from your bedroom. The exhaust fan needs to be ducted outside or into another room in the house. If your tent exhaust vents into the room where you are pulling intake air from you're just dumping warm damp air into the room you are trying to dehumidify for your intake . . .

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You need to control humidity in the room where your tent in located, not in the tent. Run exhaust vent to pull conditioned air into the tent from your bedroom. The exhaust fan needs to be ducted outside or into another room in the house. If your tent exhaust vents into the room where you are pulling intake air from you're just dumping warm damp air into the room you are trying to dehumidify for your intake . . .
no shit sherlock and like i said the humidity in the room the tent is in is fine it's humidity inside the tent

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have had days when temps inside the room would be like 68 but inside the tent 80

Panhead59

Panhead59

X2 on above post. Unit goes in room, not tent. I have same size tent. I put left over exhaust tube/pipe on 2 lower intake holes. Cover ends with nylon stockings to keep unwanted pests etc.out. i bought a dehumidifier from Lowes - Hisense brand 35 pint. About $169 if i remember correctly. It's digital and you can set it for your desired rh. It was there medium sized one. One thing with size is the tank that holds the water gets bigger as the other specs get bigger/better. My tank is full (auto shut off ) in 24 hrs., usually. I'd buy the bigger one ($200) just for the bigger tank knowing what i know now. Plus the bigger one would be working easier thus most likely lasting longer. A little noisy but works great. Rh issues solved.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Unit in tent messes with heat. Unit puts out heat. Trust us (or aquaman) on this. Try it, you'll see
I was also skeptical at first. I had mine in the tent. Wrong answer, i found out.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Unit in tent messes with heat. Unit puts out heat. Trust us (or aquaman) on this. Try it, you'll see
I was also skeptical at first. I had mine in the tent. Wrong answer, i found out.
im not meaning to say everyone is wrong but if the rh in the room is fine but in the tent it is not how would having the thing in the room help
? is the goal to make the rh in the room alot lower then what i need it ?

Panhead59

Panhead59

No. But i don't know how to explain it. What u r saying makes sense and is logical. Lets get one of these engineer types to explain. I think that would help the most. Side note- and my humidifier for young plants, goes in the darn tent !!!! Go figure. Maybe we could learn about both at the same time from the pros !!!!

Top Bottom