What size led make co2 worthwhile?

• Thread starter Custom45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom45

Custom45

Hi,
I have a few 300w spider farmer led lights in my room, I want to add co2 via a controller/co2 bottles but read that plants only utilize the extra co2 under stromg lights?

Would I be wasting my time and money adding co2 if I'm using 300w LEDs? If I added it then would they only use the extra co2 when the lights were on 100% power?

Thank you.

Newty

Newty

I've not used co2 myself but I think you want lighting with minimum 1000-1500 ppfd.

Pretty sure you need a sealed room as well.

Someone with more knowledge on the subject I'm sure will be along.

I know you said you would use a tank but in case you were thinking about it, I've read quite a bit about the bags and buckets, they are a waste from what I have gathered.

Custom45

Custom45

I've not used co2 myself but I think you want lighting with minimum 1000-1500 ppfd.

Pretty sure you need a sealed room as well.

Someone with more knowledge on the subject I'm sure will be along.

I know you said you would use a tank but in case you were thinking about it, I've read quite a bit about the bags and buckets, they are a waste from what I have gathered.
Room is well sealed, so dont think that'd be an issue. Manufacturer claims up to around 1200ppfd in centre coverage area.

I've read about the bags and buckets etc and yeah, I'm not convinced on their effectiveness. I doubt they'd kick out enough without having to buy lots of them, so doubt they'd be economically viable.

Screenshot 20240312 074944
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Hi,
I have a few 300w spider farmer led lights in my room, I want to add co2 via a controller/co2 bottles but read that plants only utilize the extra co2 under stromg lights?

Would I be wasting my time and money adding co2 if I'm using 300w LEDs? If I added it then would they only use the extra co2 when the lights were on 100% power?

Thank you.
they use co2 anyway, but with stronger light and higher temps you push plants to fast metabolism and make more efficient use of the co2 you implement.

Blue table also very important.

Newty

Newty

Room is well sealed, so dont think that'd be an issue. Manufacturer claims up to around 1200ppfd in centre coverage area.

I've read about the bags and buckets etc and yeah, I'm not convinced on their effectiveness. I doubt they'd kick out enough without having to buy lots of them, so doubt they'd be economically viable.
I just received the SE4500, excited to put it to the test!

Custom45

Custom45

They're in a room approx 15ft x 9ft, with 3 lights and 3 plants along one side.

Newty

Newty

Instead of spending money on co2 tanks, go in the room and sing to them a few times a day…
Wow, thanks for telling everyone my secret....jk lol

I do sing to my plants though, I also talk to them, pet them, tell them my plans for the day, etc

Grower1974

Grower1974

I tried CO2. Was basically a waste of time and $. If you're not harvesting over 3+lbs per indoor cycle, CO2 is not worth it. Period.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Instead of spending money on co2 tanks, go in the room and sing to them a few times a day…
Our presence in the room does increase the CO2. I have a CO2 monitor in my grow room, so I can see how the level changes. The alarm on the monitor sounds when I do work in there, like moving furniture. I've also done yoga exercises to raise the CO2.

Right now, the CO2 level in the grow room is 506 ppm because I was just in there checking them. Atmospheric CO2 level is usually about 440 ppm.

The plants also respire CO2.

Custom45

Custom45

I put a co2 monitor in there this morning, hanging at around 450 during lights on.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi,

Thank you.
Food for thought, I have 900 ppm in my tent with no supplement I just have living soil and the microbes seem to put it off 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom