What size of pots is everyone using out there???

• Thread starter Sunshinegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunshinegrower

Try to see what size pots you are using for flowering? How long do you veg for? Now I have been using 3.5 gal plastic pots and vegging for 8 weeks. Now I'm going to go with way bigger pots and try out the smart pots.

J

JuJu Farms

I use those huge UTZ Pretzle jars. Cover them with foil

L

LEBDOG

Smart Pots

I veg for 2-3 weeks and use a 3 or 5 gallon Smart Pot. The 3 gallon ones worked just as well as the 5 my last round. I think that because you are veging for 8 weeks (a pretty long time), you will do better with at least the 5 gallon pots.

I know roots love to spread out and I bet you can only do better with a larger pot (thinking like the ground we walk on). It just depends what you are going for. Do you have height for 8 foot plants? Then go at least 5 or even 10 gallon or 15 if you can fit them. That's my 2 cents. I know a guy who is a yield master and he always runs at least 15 gallon pots if he can. He kills the yield of most others. I kill his quality and focus on quality almost entirely. This yield master guy got 8lbs from 1 plant in a 50 gallon pot 1 time, he claims.

K

khaoticOrder

I was having a very difficult time with areo and switched to soil-less. What LEBDOG has mentioned is what I have used exactly and it works great. I also use supplemental CO2 though. Great advice LEBDOG!!

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

For soil I use 2 gal for veg and 4-5 gal for flower. For my hempy buckets I start clones in 32 oz Slurpee cups then transplant to 4 gal hempy buckets.

R

Radio_Dread

i do use square pots for my seedlings and for cheap reasons i have round plastic 3 gal pots. but maybe i should look into some more square ones. do they make them in 3 gal square? im sure they do somewhere

S

Sunshinegrower

I veg for 2-3 weeks and use a 3 or 5 gallon Smart Pot. The 3 gallon ones worked just as well as the 5 my last round. I think that because you are veging for 8 weeks (a pretty long time), you will do better with at least the 5 gallon pots.

I know roots love to spread out and I bet you can only do better with a larger pot (thinking like the ground we walk on). It just depends what you are going for. Do you have height for 8 foot plants? Then go at least 5 or even 10 gallon or 15 if you can fit them. That's my 2 cents.

How do the Smart Pots treat you? Do you just keep using them over and over again or do they wear out? I have been reading a lot of stuff about the roots taking all the space you can give them. I'm going to do a test run with some 20 gallon smart pots. Yeah I have some room but I could only run about 7' canopy.

L

LEBDOG

How do the Smart Pots treat you? Do you just keep using them over and over again or do they wear out? I have been reading a lot of stuff about the roots taking all the space you can give them. I'm going to do a test run with some 20 gallon smart pots. Yeah I have some room but I could only run about 7' canopy.

I tried washing them and that doesn't really get them clean so I will trash and re-purchase from grow to grow.

N

Nada

the size of pot dont matter if you dont know what you are doing with it.

lol

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

i flower in 3 gallon pots and it depends on if I'm running seed or clone what I veg in. If I'm starting a new bunch of seeds I'll start the seeds in 2"x2" pots under fluro for about a week then transplant strait into 3 gallon under the MH for about 3-4 weeks...10-12 inches then flip to 12/12. If I'm running clones, I usually veg under CFL's for about 3-4 weeks and flower them in 1 gallon pots. The plants in 3 gallons are much much much much bigger

R

Radio_Dread

im pretty much the same thing as jans there. i use the small containers under my T5 for 1-2 weeks or until they get there "legs" then transplant them directly in 3 gal pots under MH for a couple weeks then flip to 12/12 and hps

S

Sunshinegrower

I tried washing them and that doesn't really get them clean so I will trash and re-purchase from grow to grow.

What was the problem when washing them? I haven't done this myself, but I think on their website they take about washing it in a vinegar solution to remove the salt build up.

Here's a video that I haven't watched from their site.

L

LEBDOG

What was the problem when washing them? I haven't done this myself, but I think on their website they take about washing it in a vinegar solution to remove the salt build up.

Here's a video that I haven't watched from their site.

That vinegar doesn't get rid of the old roots, they probably aren't that bad, but really ugly and icky.

M

MASSES 420KING

i use 2 and 3 gallon buckets with very little difference in yield and i veg in new pot for 3 to 30 days and i have very impressive yields

Latest posts

Top Bottom