What size room should I build?

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KAL EL

KAL EL

I want to build a room that I can produce 10lbs in.
I am growing in purely organic soil.
I was thinking maybe four to six 8x4 foot beds with 8k to 10k light. 18 to 36 plants per bed. Veg time would be 1 to 2 months.
What size room should I build? Does it sound like I could produce 10lbs?
I really need the help of you soil growers...

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This is just a quick ballpark estimation.

If you are good at growing and have the proper genetics 2 pounds per 1000w should be expected. That isn't even a gram per watt. So you would need 5 4x4 tables with a 1000w over each one. However, for easier calculating and a buffer for yield use 6 4x4 tables or space on floor (lets call them zones). That means 3 zones by 2 zones. Minimally I would think you would need at least one foot between the zones for tending the grow. So you need 4 1 foot paths between the 3 zone and 3 for the 2 zone row. Your room needs to be 16 ft x 10 foot just for zones. Now you will need other stuff so I would make it 20 ft x 15 feet.

KAL EL

KAL EL

20 x 15 is what I was planning. I also will have 2 lights per table.
Tables are 8x4 and that's the only size I have. Thanks.

true grit

true grit

Trying to be efficient? Then i say 3 tables, in a "U" shape, 2kw per and peg 2 a pop = 12 lbs. No worries- then I say the 4 tables. With that long of a veg I doubt you'd need more than 6-8 per 4x4 or 12-16 per 4x8 if you are giving a 1-2mos veg.

Have you looked a vert grows? Im gonna do a vert screen in a smaller space and shoot for more hopefully.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I am building 6 rooms. I need each room to produce 10lbs. It will be a giant perpetual grow really.

true grit

true grit

Yeah I'd definitely say aorund 20x15 or 22x16 or so if ya want space to move, room for dehumidy, humidi, AC components and fans. Depends. I like having a little bit of wiggle room myself and not have fans right against buds. And yeah run the 8k, with a 2 mos veg doubt you'll need more 18-24 per to easily hit your mark with some room for error/low yield.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I was thinking of running tables against the walls so the open area will be in the center.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
20 X 15 is a banging room size bro>>my suggestion>>you want to be able to walk around all sides of the tables<<>> it's awesome:)<<>> if you could go 20x18 would be perfect:) your using 4x8 tables, put them ass to ass to total 16 feet>>2 rows<<10K>>5 XXXL Magnums over each row:harvest::harvest: <<Whooooooooooooooooooooh<< you would hit your goal easy<<<

:passingjoint:

gtd

N

norm

why do 6 rooms kal el? Id rather do 2 at most and have larger rooms. easier to dial the environment that way, cheaper equiptment and security costs and easier to work also.

10 Ps a room, every 60 days means you need a pound a day. thats at the least 30k, but the problem that arises is that the more you grow, the harder it is to give each light the attention it needs...and the result is that yields suffer and its Very difficult to keep yields up where they would be with a say a 8k grow. sure, you obviously have help, but if your deadline for your weight is critical, I suggest counting on closer to 1.5 a light, at least in the beginning.

Im planning a room currently also, and although a bigger room than neccessary costs more to cool, and sometimes a more expensive location even, the amount of time/money you save by having a very pro/ergonomic space to work will more than pay for itself. automate what you can, and simplify as much as possible.

good luck with your build

KAL EL

KAL EL

I have 6 rooms to expand into. I am starting with 3.
One room will always be long flowering sativas and the rest will be 8 and 10 week strains. Thanks for the input. This is for a dispensary, not for me personally.

The original plan was for 4 rooms with 10k of light in each.
I think the original plan is still fine.

Top Bottom