what size "smart pots" for indoor garage grow?

• Thread starter Tuco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tuco

- grow area = 3 car garage with 12 foot ceilings to work with.
- grow medium = soilless medium "sure to grow"
- 6 thousand watts for bloom. Standard closed hoods and ducked inline fans (not using vertical lighting because of heat issues).
- was thinking of using 1 plant per light in order to keep plant numbers down.
- want plants as big as possible for 1 light and 12 foot ceilings
- plan on having each plant/light 55 inches from center to center (so pretty far spaced to allow for large sized plants

What size smart pot should I use? Im thinking 25-30 galloners will allow me to reach full genetic potential of the plants.

please advise
T

I

Inhale

20 Gallons, Go for it & Expect Trees!

I think you will definitely see full potential with 20-25 gallon fabric / "smart pots".

I keep my mother plants in 10 and 15s. Thinking of getting more lights and trying out some of the 23 gallon bags myself.

They say that you can use smaller volume sizes than in traditional plastic pots. I have only used fabric pots, so I cannot say... but it is something to consider.

Also, it is very satisfying seeing thick white roots emerging from the bottom of the fabric.

P

paulycali

Get yourself some grabage cans for sure! Use them as pots but 20-25 gallon smart pots would be best since you growing in a soiless mix

M

mrbong73

Hey man,
Check out the Geo planter. Might work for you. Maybe set up a screen above each plant and do a scrog type deal for a nice even canopy.
Just a thought.
Good luck!

U

UCtestn

30-35 gallon plants. You can see a journal of a converted garage with your style grow in my journal. Plan on big veg times and you'll be happy. I've seen a 3 car garage converted with a flip flop 14,000 watts per side, 10 tons of A/C and 24 plants. Nice setup for low plant count requirements.

This pic is 1 plant per light in 35 gallon pots:
IMG 0017 small

T

Tuco

so I got 2 answers for 20-25 gallon smart pots and one answer for 30-35 gallon smart pots.

Anyone else want to chime in? If it helps to know Im growing a Super Lemon Haze but the pheno I kept was the shortest stockiest I had but its still majority sativa expressin of genes.

U

UCtestn

^ I have a journal with 35 gallon pots, and a picture in 35 gallon pots... I also have at least one online journal in 35 gallon pots, so my vote counts as more then 1 ;-)

Wish I had 12 foot ceilings, I would definitely veg even longer!

T

Tuco

how tall should my plants be before I pop them into veg? Im thinking around 5 feet tall as usually my plants tend to double in height during the bloom.

I

Inhale

I have seen the UrbanGrower using 20 gallon trash cans and was growing monsters. 2p plants from what he's said, and the video's he has sure to show a good representation of his claims.

35 gallon is huge.... but if you want to veg that long as UCtestn said, go for it :) What is that, a 2.5 month veg, as opposed to a 1,1.5 month?

Keep in mind. 20 gallon trash cans are $20. (Not much) but a fabric 20 gallon pot is $12...... same volume for half the cost.

Also, as mrbong said, geoplanters are badasses, the best fabric pots in my opinion. You can buy them through paypal on their website and they ship fast. They are thick, and they are badass, once again.

Top Bottom