What soil mixes are folks using for growing bigass plants

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
3x3x3 im guessing would be what? 100 gal?

Im curious Kolah...Are the Boxes open on the bottom?

K

kolah

Thats right.... 3x3x3 is one cubic yard or close to 200 gallons.

The bottom of the boxes will be open and have metal fencing with 2 inch openings (to deter critters). I am very interesting in seeing what type of root structure this will generate (not to mention the overall total yield)

I just got some killer seeds (thanks to a THC Farmer) and plan to grow Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine in them. (and possibly DJ's Blueberry x Alien4) . I 'll start a grow diary.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you got big plans there kolah, good luck with this project homie. Bubba x blue moonshine sounds epic, as does alien4 x djs bb. Are you planning on posting pics of the project? Would love to see how this turns out~Smf~

doubledip

doubledip

Terra Buena is a good Colorado local soil mixed by knowledgeable growers. They deliver all over the seast of co by the truck load. 10 yards is cheap like 20$ a yard.

Amend with azomite,
composted chicken manure ( cheap)., 30$ a yard it's everywhere
Bone meal, yes it's ok
Kelp meal for k,
Myco under root ball

In veg top dress every couple weeks with more chicken manure
Also tea with a worm cast, humisoil, local compost, molasses, concoction every few weeks. I only tea with these bc of the cost of worm cast and humisoil. Goes a long way with tea and not amending with them. Maybe pre inoculate a fungal tea once or twice if yer feeling frisky, you can use that as a good foiler also. Bountea has a good one, fungals are different though, no molasses to feed the tea only kelp or rock phosphate and bubble for two days.

Top dress with more kelp meal, azomite, and bone leading into , and another time in bud. Also more chicken up to 4 th week in bud, boom boom boom. And tea tea tea.

Get some good vigorous genetics. I ran Devine last year with somewhat this method in 200 gal smarties.
Sour sis and romance were getting 4 lb per

hazelnut

hazelnut

any updates? curious about the alien cross. ill be running 2 diff. alien cuts in 200 gals as well.

K

kolah

any updates? curious about the alien cross. ill be running 2 diff. alien cuts in 200 gals as well.

No Alien crosses going for this summer. I got my hands full but I do have the Bubba-Shine (Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine) going on and DJ Shorts Vanilluna (1/2 Blueberry sativa x 1/2 Blueberry indica) and and some Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 (100% indica). So far it's been a rough grow season, I am close to the Springer wildfire, very hot daytime temps and very cold night temps. Plants are shutting down and not much growth. And no rain whatsoever.

bongstar

bongstar

What ph are you giving your plants kolah? I personaly am getting any where Between 12 to 18 oz per plant! using happy frog. But i find it works best with 5.8 to 6.1 at the highest on your ph. mine right now are all about 7 to 9 feet tall and just begining flowwering. Im using roots organic buddah grow, and buddah bloom now that theyve started and bontanicares cal mag the whole time, im giving nutes every other watering and have no problems, actualy i have on problem, im running out of room in my grow area there touching the top of the cage and i have to keep tying them down. This is all out door So Cal i dont know where you are but in my experiance low ph with happy forg and a good nute program and you should have no probs getting at least a half pound per.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

This year I bought 32gallon rubberaid garbage bins drilled a bunch of big holes in the bottoms then dug holes so they were half way in the ground filled each one with a bale of pro mix and a bag of compost and worm castings and they are doing really good......got some 10 footers out there!

Bought a cheap jug of alaskan fish fertilizer and Humic black and that got them growing nicely!

K

kolah

Sorry I missed you post, Bongstar. I like to keep MJ at 6.5 but growing in 5 gallon buckets hinders growth bigtime. I plant some in the ground and others in buckets. I do not get real technical on pH levels and stuph'...maybe I should. :)

Mitch, I like the trash can idea and really like fish emulsion. The American Indians used fresh fish exclusively for fertilizing their crops.

Since I started this post my views have changed. I am now trying to create my own "supersoil" with what is available to me. By using soil from my land, composting and gathering things from Nature (and free) I should be able to dial in a nice rich soil specifically pleasing for my cannabis. I may need a splash or two of nutes but I should be able to come up with a great, inexpensive and truly organic mixture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom