What sort of problem does my "Humbolt seed co" PPD auto have? Is this Nitrogen Toxicity or over water?

• Thread starter BrianGray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrianGray

What sort of problem does my humbolt seed co  ppd auto have is this nitrogen toxicity or over
What sort of problem does my humbolt seed co  ppd auto have is this nitrogen toxicity or over

B

BrianGray

Welcome to the farm!

Those downward-curling leaves do resemble nitrogen toxicity. How often are you watering?
I water every 3rd day with the recommended organic nutrients from "Cold War Organics" Its possible I could have poured too much in this one plant. My other plants seem to be thriving with the same routine.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I water every 3rd day with the recommended organic nutrients from "Cold War Organics" Its possible I could have poured too much in this one plant. My other plants seem to be thriving with the same routine.
Possibly so. Overwatering and underwatering can have a similar appearance. Maybe you could let it dry for an additional day or two to see how it responds. Does the pot feel too heavy when you lift it?

B

BrianGray

Possibly so. Overwatering and underwatering can have a similar appearance. Maybe you could let it dry for an additional day or two to see how it responds. Does the pot feel too heavy when you lift it?
Yes but most of the water has sunk low in the growing medium. I try to give more time before I water if I stick my finger it the top two inches and it still feels moist.

B

BrianGray

I think I am going to run a soil test and see what it says. for now I am going to hold off on doing anything drastic.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yes but most of the water has sunk low in the growing medium.
Yes. That's normal.

I try to give more time before I water if I stick my finger it the top two inches and it still feels moist.
It's usually recommended to let the soil dry to the bottom of the pot before watering. That means watering on a schedule might not be best for the plant if the soil doesn't dry enough.

I think I am going to run a soil test and see what it says. for now I am going to hold off on doing anything drastic.
I didn't think I was suggesting anything drastic, but okay...

B

BrianGray

Yes. That's normal.

It's usually recommended to let the soil dry to the bottom of the pot before watering. That means watering on a schedule might not be best for the plant if the soil doesn't dry enough.

No that wasn't meant for you. I was just thinking out loud about testing the soil to confirm what you guys are saying and holding off on doing anything until the test is done. I do appreciate everything that has been said in this thread so far. Thanks

B

BrianGray

Yes. That's normal.

I was not aware that the entire soil medium needed to dry. That could be my problem as well.

B

BrianGray

You guys were right on point. Look at my Nitrogen test. So what I did is I removed some of the soil and added some peat moss which is of a very fine consistency. I also added a bit of perlite to be more absorbing of the water. Any other suggestions other than stop feeding for now?
IMG 1438

M

MrAfled

Where do can I buy a N tester Kit?
And I agree with the rest, looks like too much, as confirmed with your kit.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
nitrogen toxicity,..
curious,.. any itā€™s bity tiny flies around the soil surface?

Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

Not a pro so take it for what it is.. but I think Iā€™d flush with neutral ph water, wait for the plant to bounce back and then start reintroducing nutes at 50% strength working your way back up to good growing levels.

I think your grow has enough time remaining to go this route

B

BrianGray

I noticed I have a bit of brown on some upper leaves so I moved my light further away and did the total flush with neutral Ph water. I am also awaiting the arrival of some plant caddy's to lift the pots more off the ground. I do have one plant stand so I used it on the ailing PPD . I am trying to cover all my bases now. So is one flushing enough before I start back with 1/2 nutrients? Also a question , would LST cause any of these issues in an auto flower?

B

BrianGray

Wind burn? might also be a possibility. I have the fans going 24/7 and it was the plant closest to the fan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom