What Starting Material Can You Run In A Short Path?

• Thread starter erocknroll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
erocknroll

erocknroll

Just trying to get some other opinions on this matter. I know the ideal starting material for a shortpath has been carbon scrubbed, winterized and run through a rotovap. But what about putting some purged BHO in there? I've heard from one of my customers that his distillation guy got 97% distillate from his first pass of straight crude in the new summit research setup but everybody has their stories lol. Mainly I'm asking would it even be worth it to try and distill bho or some other crude extract or should winterizing always take place?

P

progeny-prodigy

cryogenic bho or ethanol processes could prob be put into short path flask without much post-processing but its a question of degree and efficiency
maybe he did get great distillate but what if he got less of it then he could have thru other methods.
just saw a video from a talk at a testing lab and he said he's never seen any distillate over 90% thc out of the thousands of samples he's tested. so the test might not be accurate or maybe its 97% cannabinoids but only x% thc. he also shows a sample thats ~80% cannabinoids but only 40 % thc. ill try to find link.

Top Bottom