What States Are Legal?

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
In the elections how many states approved recreational? I believe 4 were on ballot and at least 2 won.

A

Athletesmoke

Trump is a business man first, and because of that there's no way he won't see the money in it. Plus he's been making money off people gambling and partying all there life. I have to think he'll make the right call and I didn't even vote for him.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Trump is a business man first, and because of that there's no way he won't see the money in it. Plus he's been making money off people gambling and partying all there life. I have to think he'll make the right call and I didn't even vote for him.

I think there is significantly more money to be made off of private prisons. Appointing an attorney general, the person that will actually dictate drug policy, that is over the top anti-mj does not look so good for the future. Hold onto your butts folks.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think there is significantly more money to be made off of private prisons. Appointing an attorney general, the person that will actually dictate drug policy, that is over the top anti-mj does not look so good for the future. Hold onto your butts folks.
New harvest of the Ass Train Haze Number Two? If it gets seeded you can call it the 'corncob cut' or 'with klingons'.

The prison industrial complex is one of many parts of our economy and one that is nearly completely dependent on keeping nonviolent drug offenders in the system and/or on paper. This is one the biggest reasons I don't think we will ever see legal pot. There is simply too much money in it being illegal. Private prisons are in the business of holding prisoners. Any law or policy that would negatively impact private prisons would be met with significant opposition and they also have the blue vote, because cops are just trying to get home at night. And keep their jobs. I do not believe that prisons rehabilitate prisoners, they are nothing more than mental health institutions without all that 'patient safety' and higher incidences of the rapey kind.

I don't think private prisons would voluntarily close with legalization, shit rolls downhill and they will be the least and last impacted. There are many courtrooms between here and legal weed.

Keep in mind obama said that as long as states were following state law they would be fine, but that didn't happen.

With Christie wanting gambling tax money, I would watch and see how that cluster unfolds. I think that would be a good barometer with how they will treat medical and recreational weed moving forward. I'm not sure if the donald's ignorance on marijuana will be a blessing or a curse.

I would be more on board with the fence if we could also get out government to, maybe, perhaps, stop providing arms to mexican drug cartels that end up being used to kill Americans. Trump complains about the criminals bringing their guns across the border. Maybe someone should tell him they might be giving them back since they probably came from us in the first place.

M

Moose71

Yeah Maine passed rec weed but the no on 1 people want a recount because it was close and the governor doesn't back it so he's trying to repeal it! Don't think he can but shit happens ! Sure hope it sticks! I got plans !

tdarian

tdarian

Yeah Maine passed rec weed but the no on 1 people want a recount because it was close and the governor doesn't back it so he's trying to repeal it! Don't think he can but shit happens ! Sure hope it sticks! I got plans !

tdarian

tdarian

WASHINGTON, DC — Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, President-elect Donald Trump's pick for attorney general, on Tuesday offered a hazy picture of how he would handle the issue of marijuana. Eight states have legalized recreational marijuana, and the Obama administration has not enforced the federal marijuana ban.

During Sessions' confirmation hearings Tuesday on Capitol Hill, Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy asked Sessions about his views on marijuana.

"I won’t commit to never enforcing federal law," Sessions said.

In previous comments, Sessions has been staunchly anti-pot. He said he opposes legal recreational marijuana and called the Obama administration's pot policy "untenable."

"Good people don't smoke marijuana," Sessions said during a Senate hearing in April.

On Tuesday, Sessions refrained from talking about his own views on marijuana and instead pointed to the federal ban. He said, "Congress should pass a law" if there's popular support to end the prohibition. He added that it shouldn't be the attorney general's job to decide which laws should be enforced.

"We should enforce the laws as we are able," Sessions said.

In November, voters in Maine, Massachusetts, California and Nevada legalized recreational marijuana, which is already legal in Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.

President Obama's administration has adopted a wait-and-see approach — a policy that Trump appears to favor.

"Marijuana should be a state issue," Trump said in 2015.

Link: http://patch.com/maine/augusta/jeff-sessions-marijuana

Top Bottom