What strain should I put in my first UC?

• Thread starter Pimpernickel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimpernickel

I'm a newbie MMJ grower in MI with 3 soil grows under my belt. I want to pick up one of the UC systems and focus on a growing fewer, larger plants. I was thinking of buying an XL13 twelve site and using that for two patients. I have 7' ceilings. I'm currently growing Blue Moonshine which seems to stretch, all my grows are height maxed with about 1.5' of veg FIMd in 7 gallon pots, the nodes are 2" apart in veg and I have no leaks. What strain can I grow to get large plants inside my height requirements that are fairly forgiving?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

with 7' ceilings I'd opt for the 8 gallons ad save spending for the 13's....they're slightly shorter and you won't be growing extremely large plants given your lights/ceiling will restrict the height.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I have ceiling limit, for this reason I decided to go scrogg.
I have the 8 gallon system and the strains that are best responding for whatever I'm doing right/wrong is sour diesel and super lemon haze.

deacon1503

deacon1503

In the UC all strains have the possibility of growing large. If your being cautious, run a strain you've grown before so you can spot any deficiencies easier(ly).

Good luck.

R

Randyb

I grew White Widow max and it NOT a good strain for the 8 gallon bucket system. It's a 10 or more week strain and thats way too long as the roots packed my buckets so tight I had 8 gallon root bricks that virtually stopped the water flow and 2 by 2 they died each night after about a month. Sad Month.

I would look for a strain that finishes in 50-60 days tops and only veg for a week, maybe 10 days then flower them.
The systems work un-real but the 8 gallon buckets are just to small to veg in the traditional way. The roots just explode with growth. Let me know if you find a suitable strain.
Good luck.

H

happydude

grow a fast flowering indica LST those ladys from day one. Im in MI and grow in uc PM me if ya got any q's

Top Bottom