what t do with male plants?

• Thread starter riverrider420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

riverrider420

greetings all

well tried growing for hw first time. had 5 seed, 3 survived and they are all males. pretty sad. i have heard that all may not be lost, and since i have been dry as the sierra for a year now i'm hoping all is not lost. have heard i can use them for butter or hash. is this true? if so when and how do i knw when it is time to harvest the boys.
thanks in advance for any and all input

peace

R

r1mob

if your want to buds then get females if you want balls filled with pollen stick with your mles

R

riverrider420

hopeing to get females at some point..just wondering if there was anything i could do with the boys i have now

F

farmerjohn

If they are from desirable strains, keep one or all in veg until you can flower out females, then use the pollen from the males to produce your own seeds.

J

John Smith Esq.

you could grow them out- you could even smoke them, but im afraid the chances are all you will be doing is buying more paracetamol for the headaches it will give you..

i've never heard anybody get good smoke from males - sorry dude. its rumoured lower temps encourage females when germinating (i wont vouch for this myself but ive seen numerous people put this idea forward)

anyway in future you may consider feminised seeds otherwise you need to germinate alot more seeds at one time to guarante a fully female budding room, ie if you want 5 plants germ at least 10 seeds and just chuck what you don't want later.

HTH

Blaze

Blaze

You can make hash oil and edibles with males but the potency will be quite low.

R

riverrider420

thanks for the input everyone.guess i'll try some edibles..when should i harvest them? no buds to tell when..

R

riverrider420

when should i "harvest" the males if i'm gonna try edibales?

J

jakew215

well first of all, i hope your not trying to grow some budding females with your males cuz then youll have more seeds then you know what to do with.

if you really wanna use the males for something grow em out a few months then chop em up and make some mediocre hash.

if it was me i would of taken em out in the woods somewhere far far away from my grow area and put them out of there misery as soon as i saw balls.

chalk it up as a loss and get some clones. youll be happier in the long run because at some point you WILL get buds. isnt that what were all looking for...

i dont think there is a "harvest" window for males... there isnt really anything to "harvest" other then leaves. idk though...

R

ReadySetGrowD9

well first of all, i hope your not trying to grow some budding females with your males cuz then youll have more seeds then you know what to do with.

if you really wanna use the males for something grow em out a few months then chop em up and make some mediocre hash.

if it was me i would of taken em out in the woods somewhere far far away from my grow area and put them out of there misery as soon as i saw balls.

chalk it up as a loss and get some clones. youll be happier in the long run because at some point you WILL get buds. isnt that what were all looking for...

i dont think there is a "harvest" window for males... there isnt really anything to "harvest" other then leaves. idk though...

Males wpnt give u anything but pollen...... there is almost no THC in the males the "Harvest Window" u are talking about is when the pollen is ready to be collected and stored for use in breeding with a female to make a batch of seeds from those to plants...

J

jakew215

Males wpnt give u anything but pollen...... there is almost no THC in the males the "Harvest Window" u are talking about is when the pollen is ready to be collected and stored for use in breeding with a female to make a batch of seeds from those to plants...

why i said there really isnt anything to harvest. and that there is no real harvest time.

also stated that the hash he would make would be mediocre, from not having the THC content, let alone all the trichomes that your after when making hash.

666elsie

I made the mistake of not burning the pricks!thru em in the bush next too my room and
the bugger live long enuff to screw over my girls,6 of em all seeded,shitty.

J

jakew215

I made the mistake of not burning the pricks!thru em in the bush next too my room and
the bugger live long enuff to screw over my girls,6 of em all seeded,shitty.

yeah man pollen can travel for miles. thats why i take em into the woods. throw em in a dense area way far away.

shits risky. we had some neighbors around the corner start growing and another friend went over there and saw that they had a male and we actually contacted my attorney and went and knocked on his door.

he got rid of it. (not that theres anything legally we could of done, it was just so right with a suite standing next to you)

R

rebelmachine

If it were me I would chop immediately and get some fem seeds going.
Unless your going to breed? If not then your only wasting time and money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom