What temperature

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steel Erection

Well the weather broke and the ambient temperature is up. It's getting hard for me to keep my temperature down. What temperature are you guys runnin with co2? I was runnin like 80-82 and was able to drop it to like 72-73 if I wanted to. I'm at 82-86 right now and the ac's maxed out.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
86 running co2 and you may be ok - but the ambient temps are only gonna go up bro - its still in the 70's here but will soon be in the 90's-100's

are you running a burner or bottled co2?

S

Steel Erection

It's funny you posted. I was gonna pm you but I don't know you and didn't want to sketch you out. I'm using bottles. Actually I'm in between right now and was reconfiguring the room and cleaning etc. So I put the lights on and it was like between 82-86 but mostly on the high end. I've never had a heat issue there before and can't figure out why I'm having one now. I run the co2 at 1500 I set the controller and leave it. -SE

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
cool - just wanted to see if your co2 was a source of heat - I run lights during the night and that helps me get away with no ac and not air cooling my lights even though it might get to be 100 here - Im lucky my power panel handles what I throw at it as it is

seems like you need to figure out whats different and why your getting hot - do you vent your lights?

if so do you push the air through or pull it?

M

Montannabis

I'm gonna start looking for some co2 suppliment and flip the lights to night time too

S

Steel Erection

I air cool the hoods I was pushing air from the garage through the lights and that air would eventually wind up in the room that contains my room (lung room). Tonight I switched it around so that the the fans push the air from the inside through the lights and out into the garage, hopefully that will help. I hate to say it but I think I might have to put another ac in. How are you getting away with no AC just because you run at night? What are your temps? I left everything on tonight so I can check in the morning the high/low temps in the room if the temps were better I could run at night. Thanks for your response-SE

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I pull air from under my house 24/7 - that side of the house is shaded real well and it is amazing cool under there - i have 2 intake vents on the far side of the room and the fan/filter (790 cfm) is on the ceiling exactly opposite of the intakes so all the air gets pulled through the canopy on the way out

also my ballasts are in a sealed closet with their own 240 cfm fan out the top and 4 4" round vents in the floor - you could normally cook an egg on those things - but move a good amount of air over them and they are actually cool to the touch

my temps usually run in the 80's but when its super hot out I just stagger the 2 1k lights for the first 2 hours and that usually does it

I even get away with 3rd light (600w) in the corner by the exhaust

S

Steel Erection

I pull air from under my house 24/7 - that side of the house is shaded real well and it is amazing cool under there - i have 2 intake vents on the far side of the room and the fan/filter (790 cfm) is on the ceiling exactly opposite of the intakes so all the air gets pulled through the canopy on the way out

also my ballasts are in a sealed closet with their own 240 cfm fan out the top and 4 4" round vents in the floor - you could normally cook an egg on those things - but move a good amount of air over them and they are actually cool to the touch

my temps usually run in the 80's but when its super hot out I just stagger the 2 1k lights for the first 2 hours and that usually does it

I even get away with 3rd light (600w) in the corner by the exhaust

So your not using co2 and you run in the 80's? Are you in the high or low 80's? I thought about running a filter fan combo on a thermostat switch and make it exhaust when it hits like 82. But then I couldn't run the co2. THose ballest's do throw a lot of heat I wish I could get rid of them.

Montannabis-I ran at night in another location and it made at least a 10 degree difference. Thanks-SE

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nope - no co2 in this setup

used to run a burner - but not in this room - its too dam small and I would maybe be able to get away during the coldest 3 months of the year

the room hardly ever gets above 85

S

Steel Erection

I guess I'll see what I need to do today. I think I'm gonna pop another AC in. Which is ok because I dropped 2 lights. But I had everything nice and clean ready to plant and I didn't want to make another mess. But I think I'm kidding myself if I think I can keep it under 86 and like you said the temps outside are just gonna go up. So I'll probably bite the bullet and just add the AC. I used to run a burner thing ran all the time the heat and humidity went through the roof.-SE

Latest posts

Top Bottom