medicalgrowman

For my next run, I plan to goto dwc.
I bought a 10Gallon Tub to use as my dwc
and plan to put a small frozen bottle of water in it
to keep the solution cooler.
Currently my Tent under my 250w CMH typically is
at 80F with the light-on.
With the dwc with a small frozen bottle of water in it,
what typical solution temps am I likely to have?
I'm hoping-for 65f-70F.
Thanx!

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

i would insulate the dwc instead of frozen bottles in the root zone. you can useDuct wrap to insulate your system. keep your air pump outside of your tent, in a cool spot, this will help bring cool air to the system. also my want to get a better exhaust system for your cmh.
65-70 would be great for rez temps
Good luck!!!

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I will wrap the tub with bubble-wrap, then place it inside a slightly
larger tub to make it into something similar to a picnic cooler
with built-in dwc. Do the air pumps get hot? If so, yes I can always
run them outside the tent.
I have one airpump running a top-drip like a waterfarm.
And a second small airpump for a ceramic airstone disc near the roots.
And yes, I do plan to upgrade my
fan to lower my tent temps.

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

its not that they get hot, some do, but if the pump is inside your 80*F tent, that will be the temp of the air going into the dwc.

C

Chris1

I use frozen bottles in mine...works good. The water will get real cold and slowly drift back up, I have a 600w hps in cool tube with 400cfm inline and the water temps never go above 70, even with no bottles for a cpl days. I have low ambient temps and keep the ac cold though:character0029:

St3ve

St3ve

where is the thermometer thats giving you the 80F reading? Whatever the ambient temp is on the ground at the level of the buckets is whats going to push your temps.

My temps are around 80F at the canopy but are around 70F on the ground. They get down to 64F on the ground with lights off so my water temps never actually get above 68F with no effort.

hiboy

hiboy

Set the water rez on the concrete if possible, it will def. be cooler than the air around it.
Water bottles are something you have to change every couple hrs most likely, i havent gone that route, so i could be wrong. Temps in water are increased by pumps and obviously air temp.
hiboy

S

smokestack23

Yeah...and/or...have a reservoir in another room that's connected to your dwc unit. Of course now it would be RDWC but the added volume of water in a cooler room will help. Makes it easy to access your nutes too.

The thing with airpumps...whether they are blowing warm or cool air, they are usually blowing it through a pretty small tube to the stone. That tube is often stretching through the growroom. By the time the air gets to the stone it is ambient temp...which, as was mentioned, will be much lower at floor level.

I have never seen condensation on my airlines, which are fed from a cool room. If the air in those lines was cool, the heat and humidity in my floweroom should cause condensation to form.

I suggest having and using a bottle of DM Zone. You can get away with warmer temps when you're running that stuff.

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Thanx Guyz!

where is the thermometer thats giving you the 80F reading? Whatever the ambient temp is on the ground at the level of the buckets is whats going to push your temps.

My temps are around 80F at the canopy but are around 70F on the ground. They get down to 64F on the ground with lights off so my water temps never actually get above 68F with no effort.

Yes, my temps are 80F at the canopy also.
So I guess then that I'm probably already pretty close
to where I wanna be at ground level.

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Yeah...and/or...have a reservoir in another room that's connected to your dwc unit. Of course now it would be RDWC but the added volume of water in a cooler room will help. Makes it easy to access your nutes too.

The thing with airpumps...whether they are blowing warm or cool air, they are usually blowing it through a pretty small tube to the stone. That tube is often stretching through the growroom. By the time the air gets to the stone it is ambient temp...which, as was mentioned, will be much lower at floor level.

I have never seen condensation on my airlines, which are fed from a cool room. If the air in those lines was cool, the heat and humidity in my floweroom should cause condensation to form.

I suggest having and using a bottle of DM Zone. You can get away with warmer temps when you're running that stuff.

Would "DM Zone" destroy beneficial microbes
as well as the bad stuff?

Top Bottom