What the heck is going on with Next Generation?

• Thread starter Temujin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Temujin

I used to grow their Island Sweet Skunk back in the early 2000's and it was one of the best strains ever, rivaling and maybe even surpassing the NL5/Haze of the 90's. The yield on most phenos was better than Big Bud, yet it retained the quality of it's Sweet Skunk ancestry. The last two batches I grew this year, however, have been 14 week power schwag that could only be used to line my hamster cage. I did a search online and found that Chana Masala had the same experience - and I've seen him around on the forums enough to know that he's no newbie. (He also stated that their Romulan and Avalon have also gone to shit). If the old ISS is truly gone forever, they should retire the name to avoid misleading their customers. Jay used to run a stand-up seedbank, did he sell it or something? What's goin' on?

To make things worse, I had 2 packs of ISS from 2005 that I gifted to a friend in need, thinking that I could always get more - DOH!!!

Edit: I was thinking that maybe the strain could be recreated - I know the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone is still around, but is the "hazey" Sweet Skunk clone that is popular now the one that was used to make the ISS? I think Next Generation used an F4 male from a SPG outcross to pollinate a Sweet Skunk cut, but which one?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Can't help you much but I used to run their Dynamite back in 02-04 and DAMN that stuff was fire. I want to actually gets couple more packs of it. I guys we will see if they are different from back in the day.

GhostFace

GhostFace

ISS is all over the place in clone form..few differant phenos ive seen all nice stuff

T

Temujin

ISS is all over the place in clone form..few differant phenos ive seen all nice stuff

That's definitely good to know, but I was also hoping for a male to make some F2's or maybe even some hybrids...

R

rickisonline

Edit: I was thinking that maybe the strain could be recreated - I know the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone is still around, but is the "hazey" Sweet Skunk clone that is popular now the one that was used to make the ISS? I think Next Generation used an F4 male from a SPG outcross to pollinate a Sweet Skunk cut, but which one?

You should definitely check out Chimeras "Dolce Sativa". Read about the lineage and email him about 90 times in a row with any questions. He loves it.
Mu hahaha

I think you will be 90% as giddy as Chimera. It's a nice run too. Don't tell him I sent ya....'cuz then he will know I been growing his gear.

Top Bottom