What the hell do i do next!!! Im so new at this….

• Thread starter Krystinmadviv3164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Krystinmadviv3164

I have about 7 plants growing now that i got from royal queen seeds it says they should yield by max 10 weeks post germination. I have my plants on an 18/6 sched. They are approx 7-8 weeks old. I learned about photoperiod so thinking hmmm ten weeks to yield, i need to put them on a 12/12 now so they can flower and change their nutrients to a superbloom from foxfarm. WRONG!!!!! After 3 days my plants withered and i quickly gave each plant a root bath by soaking them in the sink fully for 8seconds with bush doctor also from foxfarm. WHABAM the next fay i turn on the lights which is today, they are alive again and not withered at all its like a miracle so what do i do next do i put them back on a 12/12 that theyve been on for three days and almost died or do i put them back on an 18/6 for a bit then 12/12?

Galgrows

Galgrows

I have about 7 plants growing now that i got from royal queen seeds it says they should yield by max 10 weeks post germination. I have my plants on an 18/6 sched. They are approx 7-8 weeks old. I learned about photoperiod so thinking hmmm ten weeks to yield, i need to put them on a 12/12 now so they can flower and change their nutrients to a superbloom from foxfarm. WRONG!!!!! After 3 days my plants withered and i quickly gave each plant a root bath by soaking them in the sink fully for 8seconds with bush doctor also from foxfarm. WHABAM the next fay i turn on the lights which is today, they are alive again and not withered at all its like a miracle so what do i do next do i put them back on a 12/12 that theyve been on for three days and almost died or do i put them back on an 18/6 for a bit then 12/12?
How big are your pots? You need a 5x5 tall tent and a big light for that many. If that's your only problem and no one knows cause you did'nt give much info on your setup then leave them on 12/12. When i see preflower that's the time i start counting flowering days not when you set the timer. You have months to go best of luck.

Newty

Newty

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe when you see flowering time it's different depending on Autoflowers or Photoperiods. Autoflower times are from germination while photoperiods are from the time you switch the light to 12/12 for flower.
10 weeks for an Auto would be 10 weeks post germination.
10 weeks for a Photoperiod will be 10 weeks from when you turn your light back.

K

Krystinmadviv3164

I have a 24x24x48 spider farmer tent with a 1000 watt led light and another 600 watt led light also I have an ultraviolet light iinside I don’t know how many watts. All I use is fox farm feed. I don’t know what other info to give for an answer. They’re not autoflowers they were all feminized seeds. About 8 weeks in and no preflower. Does it preflower in the vegetative stage on an18/6 or does it preflower only when Transferred to a 12/12schedule?

IMG 0415
IMG 0414
IMG 0412
IMG 0413
IMG 0362
IMG 0361
IMG 0357
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You will probably have to do it! You are their sun. You are their God! Come on don’t be afraid to show the plants! And welcome!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What was the power setting of the lights when they were on 12/12?

I have a 24x24x48 spider farmer tent with a 1000 watt led light and another 600 watt led light also I have an ultraviolet light iinside I don’t know how many watts. All I use is fox farm feed. I don’t know what other info to give for an answer.
It would be helpful for us to see the plants, too.

They’re not autoflowers they were all feminized seeds. About 8 weeks in and no preflower. Does it preflower in the vegetative stage on an18/6 or does it preflower only when Transferred to a 12/12 schedule?
Okay... Photoperiod plants need to have a light duration change to flower. Typically, that would be a 12/12 schedule. Don't worry about preflowers. Eight weeks of vegetation should be enough. Pictures of the plants would help, though.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So I would def think about moving your tent.
It’s right next to a big ass water heater.
That in no way will help you in controlling your micro climate. They stay pretty warm.

Counter intuitive 👊🏻🤡

BB22

BB22

Looks like you have good gear 👍

If that was my setup, I’d throw a pallet under the tent. Create a buffer from the concrete floor ✌️

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
They are 100 and 60 W. I’d be willing to bet on it. Don’t you have to be careful with UV?
UVC yes, you don’t wanna be exposing yourself to it, UVB I believe you need to be careful with your eyes for extended periods and UVA is the normal UV you experience daily that makes it through our ozone

I believe with real UVC lights you can actually “smell” ozone burning or something like that, never experienced it myself to know I think it’s used in like 30 second microbursts when used

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
UVC yes, you don’t wanna be exposing yourself to it, UVB I believe you need to be careful with your eyes for extended periods and UVA is the normal UV you experience daily that makes it through our ozone

I believe with real UVC lights you can actually “smell” ozone burning or something like that, never experienced it myself to know I think it’s used in like 30 second microbursts when used
I read a science-type web page that claimed lack of UV light is the reason more Mg is needed when using LED grow lights. When I looked for that page again, I couldn't find it. It's an interesting idea, though.

W

Wheezy420

I have a 24x24x48 spider farmer tent with a 1000 watt led light and another 600 watt led light also I have an ultraviolet light iinside I don’t know how many watts. All I use is fox farm feed. I don’t know what other info to give for an answer. They’re not autoflowers they were all feminized seeds. About 8 weeks in and no preflower. Does it preflower in the vegetative stage on an18/6 or does it preflower only when Transferred to a 12/12schedule?
Hey buddy, that tent is big enough for 1-2 plants. Especially if you’re in a 5 gallon pot or larger. Auto , feminized, or regular depending on the strain. But more than that you’re pushing the limits. 160 watts is enough to grow 1 to term. As for 10wks grow time, that’s just a good estimate from the breeder of said strain . And if it’s feminized photos or regulars that number usually represents flower time only. It could be dead on or it could go 2-3 more weeks!! Humidity and airflow with too many plants will be a problem. And 1 plant grown right will fill that tent easily. Make sure you check your PPFD with a meter or phone app like Photone to so you know how high to set your lights. If you’re using FF Soil it’s a toss up whether it’s hot or not. But it can usually run a veg cycle without adding many nutes to it or for the first 3-4 weeks. You can add more just watch and learn to read your plants. Every grower will tell you you gotta start somewhere and screwing up is how you learn 💯👊🏻

Top Bottom